Best Crowe Film

Started by Banky, January 19, 2004, 08:19:52 PM

cine

Quote from: NEON MERCURYand say anything has the cusack factor(bad)......
:?:

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: NEON MERCURYand say anything has the cusack factor(bad)......
:?:

.....ohh by that i...umm...i don't really like him as an actor....well being johm malko  was good ..but.....he falls under the "actor i just don't like" category...like dunst , witherspoon, stiles, freddie prinze jr., ....but the say anything(the film itself) is on point.......

ProgWRX

Its not that singles is "bad" , its just that his other movies are just that much better! ...

IMO

and i voted for Almost Famous.
-Carlos

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: NEON MERCURYhe falls under the "actor i just don't like" category...like dunst , witherspoon, stiles, freddie prinze jr.

You, sir, are sick when you compare Cusack do Prinze Jr., even if not a direct comparison, they should never be in the same category
Si

Wesabeck

You, sir, are sick when you compare Cusack do Prinze Jr., even if not a direct comparison, they should never be in the same category[/quote]

seriously that's bull dicky... if you've seen films like "High Fidelity" or "Grosse Point Blank"  you'd probably agree that Cusack is a much more legitiment actor than Prinze Jr.  They are not even from the same ball park!
Good looking people have no spine.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: WesabeckYou, sir, are sick when you compare Cusack do Prinze Jr., even if not a direct comparison, they should never be in the same category

seriously that's bull dicky... if you've seen films like "High Fidelity" or "Grosse Point Blank"  you'd probably agree that Cusack is a much more legitiment actor than Prinze Jr.  They are not even from the same ball park![/quote]

Shit yeah!
Si

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: two hatersYou, sir, are sick when you compare Cusack do Prinze Jr., even if not a direct comparison, they should never be in the same category

seriously that's bull dicky... if you've seen films like "High Fidelity" or "Grosse Point Blank" you'd probably agree that Cusack is a much more legitiment actor than Prinze Jr. They are not even from the same ball park!

.....the key point is that ......they fall inder the category of actors that i just don't like....."the actor in question" may be talented but i just don't like 'em....

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

I've seen all but Singles, but now I'm not sure if I should...?

Almost Famous kicks my ass. Every second of that movie reminds me of travelling as a musician back in High School.

uh minus "Golden God" moments...

nevermind.

ALMOST FAMOUS!

ProgWRX

About Singles : its definately worth watching IMO, even though its Crowe's "weakest" film, its still much better written and its above most of the crappy romantic comedies out there.
-Carlos

Pedro

Almost Famous, though I don't really like any of Crowe's films that much.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: ProgWRXAbout Singles : its definately worth watching IMO, even though its Crowe's "weakest" film, its still much better written and its above most of the crappy romantic comedies out there.
I must second this. Not his best, but it has a few redeeming qualities.
I just can't recall them right now.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Wesabeck

Quote from: ranemaka13
Quote from: ProgWRXAbout Singles : its definately worth watching IMO, even though its Crowe's "weakest" film, its still much better written and its above most of the crappy romantic comedies out there.
I must second this. Not his best, but it has a few redeeming qualities.
I just can't recall them right now.

Singles has a lot a great Crowe moments in them... it's probably his weakest film because it's his most laid back and simplistic film.  The thing that I really love about singles is that it perfectly captures a certain time in a certain place that is now lost.  It has plenty of great cameos from the grunge scene including amusing ones from the members of Pearl Jam and Chris Cornell, and also a cameo by Tim Burton.  I agree that Singles is Crowe's weakest film, but it is still pretty fucking awesome.
Good looking people have no spine.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.....the key point is that ......they fall inder the category of actors that i just don't like....."the actor in question" may be talented but i just don't like 'em....

I can understand it. I hate Sean Connery myself.
Si

life_boy

SHAFTR

Quote from: life_boySay Anything.

ball hair!
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"