TOP TEN 2002

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 08, 2003, 10:28:50 PM

©brad

Quote from: Bill Maplewoodtechnically About Schmidt is a 2003 release, otherwise I too would list it.

ONE.Punch-Drunk Love
TWO.Amelie
THREE.Storytelling
FOUR.Adaptation
FIVE.Cq
SIX.Bowling For Columbine
SEVEN.Comedian
EIGHT.Read My Lips
NINE.Human Nature
TEN.One Hour Photo

Was it entirely necessary to spell out the numbers? You're keyboard should be equipped with a number key pad on the far right. I know mine has one.

©brad

Quote from: soixante2002 was a good year for film.  Keep in mind, I still haven't seen Chicago, The Hours, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, World Traveler, The Pianist, Solaris or All or Nothing.  But here's my top ten:

un - Punch-Drunk Love
deux - Rules of Attraction (finally, an honest look at college life)
trois - Adaptation
quatre - About Schmidt
cinq - Far From Heaven
six - Gangs of New York (somewhat of a disappointment)
sept - Igby Goes Down
huit - One Hour Photo
neuf - Good Girl (who knew Aniston was this good)
dix - Auto Focus (nice escapist fare from Paul Schrader)

just missed: Storytelling, Bourne Identity, Full Frontal, Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys.

Worst Film:  Changing Lanes (ugh)

Oh man your list it a mess. If Gangs of New York was a disappointment, why is it number six?

The Rules of Attraction was an erratic, self-indulgent mess with muddled motives and a script not half as smart as it thinks it is. I'm not sure what college you went or go to, but being in college and having studied and visited many other colleges, I can safely say that this movie is the most UNrealistic, romanticized look at college life. I don't think that was the intention- to portray a realistic view of college, but if it was it was a failure.

Changing Lanes was an excellent film, very well written. The Rules of Attraction was your number 2 pick and Changing Lanes was the worst movie of the year? Please tell me you were on heavy doses of xanax or opium when you wrote this.

sphinx

Quote from: cbrad4dWas it entirely necessary to spell out the numbers? You're keyboard should be equipped with a number key pad on the far right. I know mine has one.

yeah, but everyone else uses those numbers except sixty.

Dirk

Quote from: cbrad4dChanging Lanes was an excellent film, very well written. The Rules of Attraction was your number 2 pick and Changing Lanes was the worst movie of the year? Please tell me you were on heavy doses of xanax or opium when you wrote this.

You know, movies are a subjective experience. People like movies for various reasons. Don't mean to speak for soixante, just wanted to say what I thought about that statement.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

©brad

Film is a subjective expreince? I think everyone who doesn't like the movies I like should be shot.

life_boy

Well, that's one way to look at it.

Duck Sauce

Cbrad4d, why do you feel the need to attack everybody today? Maybe he was disapointed by Gangs because he was expecting too much....

©brad

I didn't mean to attack him, just his top 10 list.

Look, its all in good humor. I do apologize if I was a bit crass. When Greg's site closed I started hanging out at aintitcoolnews, and those people are really mean, so I guess they have rubbed off on me.

I'm sorry, no hard feelings.

Travis Bickle

nooope. you said changing lanes was an excellent film. apology not accepted.
go back to aintitcrap.

Xixax

Play nice, or else I'm going to lock you all in a room and make you watch Jennifer Lopez movies non-stop until you get everything reconciled.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

neatahwanta

Quote from: cbrad4dI think everyone who doesn't like the movies I like should be shot.

YES!

( :oops: )

Gold Trumpet

do not bash all the j lo movies. its the singing that is bad, not really all the movies at all

~rougerum

Xixax

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetdo not bash all the j lo movies. its the singing that is bad, not really all the movies at all

~rougerum
OK. Ummm....

Brendan Frasier?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Gold Trumpet

nope. FREDDIE FUCKING PRINZE JR.!!!!!!!!!!! I imagine he's a nice guy and all, but terrible taste in movies for sure.

~rougerum

Xixax

Yeah, but he can't be all bad if he's married to SMG! Holy cow. Looks that good should be against the law.
[/size]