3. Spiderman
4. Bowling For Columbine
5. Moonlight Mile
6. CQ
7. Minority Report
8. 24 Hour Party People
9. TLOTR: Two Towers
10 About Schmidt

sorry havent seen the latest bestest movies but plan to soon so anyway its my list :)
how do i get a picture to display along side this please?

Bud_Clay

technically About Schmidt is a 2003 release, otherwise I too would list it.

ONE.Punch-Drunk Love
TWO.Amelie
THREE.Storytelling
FOUR.Adaptation
FIVE.Cq
SIX.Bowling For Columbine
SEVEN.Comedian
EIGHT.Read My Lips
NINE.Human Nature
TEN.One Hour Photo

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Bill Maplewoodtechnically About Schmidt is a 2003 release, otherwise I too would list it.

:?   It had a limited release December 13, which at least gives it Oscar eligibility. And I'm pretty sure Amelie was released November 2001.

Quote from: danniedorkohow do i get a picture to display along side this please?

Click on "Profile" at the top of the page, and the avatar controls should be at the very bottom.

Duck Sauce

1. Adaptation
2. Punch Drunk Love
3. Catch Me If You Can
4. Solaris
5. Y Tu Mama Tambien
6. About Schmidt
7. Gangs of New York
8. The Rules of Attraction
9. The Good Girl
10. Road to Perdition

Bud_Clay

yeah..it's true, amelie was released in 2001...i apparently only have 9 films of 2002 i like so far, however...havent seen Solaris or Catch Me If You Can yet...The 2 Towers was alright...not worth mentioning though..

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Bill Maplewoodyeah..it's true, amelie was released in 2001...i apparently only have 9 films of 2002 i like so far, however...havent seen Solaris or Catch Me If You Can yet...The 2 Towers was alright...not worth mentioning though..

I liked Frida and About Schmidt, but yeah, not too many other movies I really liked in 2002. Pretty weak year overall, although I should still probably see Chicago, The Pianist, The Hours, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and The 25th Hour.

ksmc

So far, my list is...

1.  About Schmidt
2.  Lantana
3.  Punch-Drunk Love
4.  Far From Heaven
5.  Thirteen Conversations About One Thing
6.  Solaris
7.  Adaptation
8.  Chicago
9.  Moonlight Mile
10. 24 Hour Party People

...but I have yet to see The 25th Hour, The Hours, or Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

xerxes

1. Adaptation
2. Punch-Drunk Love
3. About Schmidt
4. Bowling for Columbine
5. Catch Me If You Can
6. Changing Lanes
7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

it seems that these are all that i have this year... missed a few of the recent releases though... so there could be more.

Gold Trumpet

I really won't be able to post an efficent top ten list til maybe august or july because so many of the films I am still really dying to see (Invincible, Talk to Her, City of God) won't be available for me to see til video. But of all the films I was lucky to see, I can put a good top 5 list up with their being the top three movies being the real great masterpieces I've seen this year and all really could be number one so consider them a tie.

1.) Minority Report
2.) Punch-Drunk Love
3.) Spirited Away
4.) Changing Lanes
5.) Y Tu Mama Tambien

~rougerum

©brad

Do top 10 lists mean anything to anyone? Aren't they just things lame critics do?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cbrad4dDo top 10 lists mean anything to anyone? Aren't they just things lame critics do?

For me, top ten lists are a personal thing. I use them to gauge whether I've made the full effort to see enough great movies. If I can make a list of ten movies I really loved, I know I've done my best.

RegularKarate

1-PDL
2-Adaptation
3-Minority Report
4-Bowling for Columbine
5-Two Towers
6-Gangs of New York
7-Y Tu Mama Tambien

Not much thought into it yet... this is the temp list- haven't seen About Schmitt or Spirited Away yet.

I'm sure more will come to mind later...

soixante

2002 was a good year for film.  Keep in mind, I still haven't seen Chicago, The Hours, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, World Traveler, The Pianist, Solaris or All or Nothing.  But here's my top ten:

un - Punch-Drunk Love
deux - Rules of Attraction (finally, an honest look at college life)
trois - Adaptation
quatre - About Schmidt
cinq - Far From Heaven
six - Gangs of New York (somewhat of a disappointment)
sept - Igby Goes Down
huit - One Hour Photo
neuf - Good Girl (who knew Aniston was this good)
dix - Auto Focus (nice escapist fare from Paul Schrader)

just missed: Storytelling, Bourne Identity, Full Frontal, Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys.

Worst Film:  Changing Lanes (ugh)
Music is your best entertainment value.

Duck Sauce

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD IGBY GOES DOWN AND TALK TO HER SOMEWHERE TO MY LIST.