Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

Bethie

Quote from: themodernage02i didnt talk to her but she was very hot

typical xixax
who likes movies anyway

polkablues

Quote from: Bethie

typical xixax

Ouch.  Why you gotta be so reductionist?  I, for one, would have talked to her, and then would have based my observations of the encounter on something deeper than mere physical attractiveness.

Although, to be fair, she is quite hot.

And as far as meeting famous people goes, I met Zach Braff at the Seattle International Film Festival, and he's about the nicest, coolest guy on the planet.  I also met former Seattle Mariner Edgar Martinez, who had his kid's birthday party at this place I used to work.  He was also nice, also cool, and has the most adorable accent.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Braff was at the advance Garden State screening i saw last summer but i didnt talk to him cause i had never seen Scrubs (which i am currently 1/3 of the way into the first season and its pretty good) and had only just seen his movie which i liked 2/3's of.  so i didnt want to be all fake and there were tons of braff girls already mobbing him.

i didnt talk to heather graham cause she was on her phone and cause nobody else was acknowledging her and cause i only really like to bother famous people if i really do like them.  i'm not like a huge fan or something of her, besides her being in Boogie and Twin Peaks and Arrested Development what am I going to talk to her about?  it was funny though cause my girlfriend and i were just walking behind this girl.  and i was looking at her going 'she's probably attractive' and my girlfriend was looking at her skirt going 'that is expensive.  it LOOKS cheap and like casual but its actually really nice' and then we got infront of her and i turned around to look at her face cause i was curious and i was like 'turn around, its heather graham.'   it was odd.  and cool.  she had little makeup on and was still very beautiful in person.  it almost didnt look like her, cause nobody else was recognizing her, but it was her.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: polkablues

typical xixax

Ouch.  Why you gotta be so reductionist?

hey, um, when you left, bethie arrived. and since then shes been the best around here.

so maybe you meant 'awesome'.. i dont know.

Ravi

Quote from: themodernage02
i didnt talk to heather graham cause she was on her phone and cause nobody else was acknowledging her and cause i only really like to bother famous people if i really do like them.  i'm not like a huge fan or something of her, besides her being in Boogie and Twin Peaks and Arrested Development what am I going to talk to her about?

Should have told her you loved "Killing Me Softly."

polkablues

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: polkablues

typical xixax

Ouch.  Why you gotta be so reductionist?

hey, um, when you left, bethie arrived. and since then shes been the best around here.

so maybe you meant 'awesome'.. i dont know.

Sorry, let me rephrase that.

Awesome.  Why you gotta be so reductionist?

cine

polkablues

:yabbse-grin:

No worries.  I accept and respect Bethie's awesomeness.  And her arrival coinciding with my disappearance should in no way be construed as meaning that she's Superman and I'm Clark Kent.

Speaking of which (and bringing us neatly back on topic), a friend of mine whom I went to college with is friends with a former roommate of what's-his-name who's playing Superman in "Superman Returns".... placing me, let's see... one, two, three, four degrees from both Parker Posey and Kevin Spacey.

Pas

I'm going to Deauville, France in late august, about 24-25th... I am not sure the celebs will have arrived (the festival starts Sept. 1 what do you guys think ?) but I kinda hope because it's better to be around someone famous than someone relatively unknown.

samsong

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

The Perineum Falcon

No shit.

She presented two films at two locations.
Vivre ensemble, directed by her (I think) in La Rochelle.
Pierrot le fou in Paris.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

72teeth

Just met Kaki King in Berkley last night.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

rustinglass

Quote from: 72teethJust met Kaki King in Berkley last night.

how cool!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica