NEW Super Furry Animals ALBUM

Started by modage, July 24, 2003, 02:09:19 PM

modage

anyone heard it?  i'm thinking about buying it.  but i havent heard any of it yet, and downloading is such a pain in the ass lately with all the fakes floating around.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jokerspath

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Mesh

Quote from: themodernage02
anyone heard it?  i'm thinking about buying it.  but i havent heard any of it yet, and downloading is such a pain in the ass lately with all the fakes floating around.

It's good.  Not a huge leap creatively from their last one, which I love.  I'm not sure my mp3s are representative of the final product, but I like them enough to convince me to buy the record.  Plus, SFA albums totally deserve several close listens on good headphones.  Their albums just grow and grow on you as you find the best odd and melodic moments....

modage

yeah i think i'm just gonna run over to tower records and buy it.  i heard one song a few minutes ago.  thats good enough for me.  i loved the last album, so i'll give this one a go.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

TheVoiceOfNick

I saw them live at The Palace in Hollywood about a year ago... they weren't too interesting, but then I heard their albums and I thought they were geniuses. I haven't heard this one yet but I hope to soon...

Nick

modage

cecilia

I've been hooked on SFA for ages now it seems.  I don't download leaks (unless it's an instance like Fiona's Extraordinary Machine) but I'm definitely going to buy every/any album made buy SFA until death do us part.  I'm most excited for the new album since that should equal at least two LA tour stops in the next year or so!  Woo!

BTW, I think Phantom Power was amazing and I enjoyed it in many ways more than Rings because it was more cohesive in the "album" sense.  The variety on Rings is fun but it's not good when you are looking for a certain mood.  On the other hand, I'm quite sure that the first disc of Rings hasn't left my CD booklet for 3 years or however long since it's been out but I can live without having Phantom Power with me at all times.
I just met a wonderful new man. He's fictional but you can't have everything.