Peanut Butter Falcon

Started by wilberfan, November 10, 2019, 12:43:36 AM

wilberfan

No one will see it, and it won't get much of a discussion here, but I'll post it anyway--mainly because I liked it so much (and I'm pretty hard to please these days).

This should be some eye-rolling, Hallmark-huggie, wouldn't-watch-it-on-a-dare, piece of shit, but it completely won me over from the start.  Great cast (Shia LeBeouf, Bruce Dern, Dakota Johnson, Thomas Hayden Church (I love that guy), beautifully performed.  It hits most of the road trip beats, I suppose, but there wasn't a false note anywhere.  It's little films like this (and Leave No Trace from last year) that keep me hunting for these quiet little gems. 

jenkins

i havent even seen it but im positive it's the mild-mannered that soothes you. but that fact doesn't matter since what soothes you soothes you btw

if i ever see this movie the situation will be random. honey boy on the other hand

wilberfan

Mmm, an interesting theory, but perhaps more of a projection in this case.  Based on what I've heard about Honey Boy, tho, this would be way more soothing, yes.

jenkins

come for hugs but it's clearly not a projection if it applies to the context in which it was stated

Robyn

Quote from: jenkins on November 10, 2019, 02:32:03 AM
if i ever see this movie the situation will be random

it's true that it's not worth seeking out, but if you watch it randomly someday you'll probably enjoy it for what it is. I hadn't seen this thread and watched it because you kept recommending it to wilberfan all day. that's random too

jenkins

how funny. i think surprise trips are fun. id surprise myself with this movie