Land Ho! (<-actual title, btw)

Started by jenkins, July 05, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

jenkins

sitting by meself for this early+free screening from an og of the young moviemakers, which movie reuses the star from last year's this is martin bonner, and i don't want to turn around to count the population because i might make eye contacts but six people were here when i arrived when the door opened

aaron katz has carried the arts with him for a solid spell, but he hasn't made his name outside the festivals. a screening like this typically overflows before the door opens. computer chess for example. bigger movies like 22 jump street and etc, obviously. life is mysterious and hard and i feel like crying

i can silently cry because the room is dark and no one can see my eyes. i just turned around and the theater is half full. oh yes the movie thing, well i haven't seen it yet. this is a good plan

jenkins

another top-shelf movie for 2014. i think it's a melting pot of great people and talent = the internet thing where i just right away say what is maybe being wondered

martha stephens. earlier i was being a baby about familiar names so often being what magnetizes people to work, which i think is terrible, i think the work itself is what's important, and i was mentioning tears i have when i think about this problem, and i mentioned aaron katz as the director, because i've seen his previous movies, yet i forgot he co-directed land ho! with martha stephens, who's made some movies i haven't already seen. aren't we sometimes a part of the problem that we fear? i am. also, aaron katz's wife plays a small role

moderately chill transitional intro into sentences about the movie. in land ho! there's a lot to appreciate about human relationships and iceland. (earl lynn nelson, a non-actor and family member of martha stephens) mitch is a charismatic character and i think it's interesting to see the other characters talk about him and be around him. mostly (paul eenhoorn) colin is around him. mitch works toward making colin feel better, and again and again colin makes little insulting comments about him. or it'll be plain obvious that colin moves his face in ways that are silent teases. yet still, mitch needs colin too, and sometimes mitch works in the wrong direction. i think colin need mitch, mitch needs colin, and i think this movie displays the chemistry of people being together and how if there's hope for things to get better than things can get better. plus, [more things about iceland, good pick]

in an hour or so i could phrase that^ better. but i'll leave it as is, because i like how this shows that through processing the movie i have emotions to sift. i don't ask for anything more, really. what my emotions appear as might be and should be different from what your emotions appear as. this is a recommended movie

jenkins

interesting to witness critics not getting a movie (basically stated in each review), this damages its status, and a good movie passes by the radars

apes and boyhood today, yes. but encouraging "fuck the radar" decisions about seeing this