Kill Bill: Volume One On DVD April 13th

Started by modage, November 13, 2003, 10:49:06 PM

cine

As I gather from this thread, this is new information from DVDTown.

Special Features:
"The Making of Kill Bill," Volume One
Musical performances by the 5, 6, 7, 8's
Quentin Tarantino trailers

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

bonanzataz

so i went to the cd store today to buy a cd. i go to the counter to pay and i notice a stack of kill bill dvd's. i'm friendly with the owner, so i said, hey, can i buy one of those? and he's like sure. FUCK YES!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cine

Quote from: taz.so i went to the cd store today to buy a cd. i go to the counter to pay and i notice a stack of kill bill dvd's. i'm friendly with the owner, so i said, hey, can i buy one of those? and he's like sure. FUCK YES!
You're an asshole.

modage

Quote from: taz.so i went to the cd store today to buy a cd. i go to the counter to pay and i notice a stack of kill bill dvd's. i'm friendly with the owner, so i said, hey, can i buy one of those? and he's like sure. FUCK YES!
so do they have the special features cinephile mentioned or are they bare?  

i've really been wrestling with whether or not im going to buy it.  this was by FAR my favorite film of last year and i've been waiting forever to see it a 4th time, but just knowingly screwing myself over by forking over 20$ for a bare dvd when theyre already telling us theyre going to put out a good one later, REALLY REALLY REALLY is bugging the shit out of me.  like, just keep it quiet assholes.  ignorance is bliss.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

hmmm, then maybe there's a chance amazon got em early and will send them out early........considering i have never pre-oredered anything before, do you generally get them earlier than the release date?  or no?  hmmm

bonanzataz

when i preorder on amazon i usually only get them a day or two before the actual release date.

as for kill bill's dvd, the 5678's performances were pretty cool to have (it's just the performances that they give at the house of blue leaves only w/o cutting back to oren and uma) and the documentary is about 15 minutes long. a lot of it is filled up with clips from the movie and information we (as ridiculous kill bill nerds) should already have known. but it's great to see quentin talking and uma's there too and they show them filming a little bit in china. it's cool. i just got it b/c i felt bad about watching my bootleg so many times and b/c the super special edition i hear is just going to have the movie joined together as one big movie. this version will have its place in movie history, i figured i might as well.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

bonanzataz

how many times can i watch kill bill in two weeks?

i guess tonight... tomorrow... ah, fuck it, i'll watch it every day until it comes out for YOU GUYS!!! HAHAHAHA!

tpfkabi

the DVD is the Japanese cut, right?
so the House of Blue Leaves scenes never go to b&w?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: bigideasthe DVD is the Japanese cut, right?
so the House of Blue Leaves scenes never go to b&w?
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept that for the EXTRA SUPER SPECIAL BONUS EDITION or something.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

i was told on another messageboard that it is the US cut.

modage

Quote from: bigideasi was told on another messageboard that it is the US cut.
i would assume it is.  i cant imagine him changing it for this standard release.  but taz can confirm/deny this?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

it seems i remember reading that the MIramax president said the DVD would be the Japanese cut.......but i can't remember if he was specific as to which release (vol one single or box set)