Roger Avary

Started by j_scott_stroup04, January 12, 2004, 09:58:16 PM

©brad

Quote from: jenkins on January 23, 2020, 03:41:02 PM
The Rules of Attraction is a good movie

The Rules of Attraction is fun to watch and has some brilliant sequences, but as a movie it seems half-finished. It needs to be longer.

WorldForgot

Quote from: ©brad on January 23, 2020, 07:18:41 PM
Quote from: jenkins on January 23, 2020, 03:41:02 PM
The Rules of Attraction is a good movie

The Rules of Attraction is fun to watch and has some brilliant sequences, but as a movie it seems half-finished. It needs to be longer.

Maybe someday he'll be able to release Glitterati !

I ache for somebody to adapt Glamorama.  One of a handful of novels that I feel must be filmed.

Alethia

Rules of Attraction is by far the best realized adaptation of any of BEE's books. American Psycho is a fun sort of "Greatest Hits" version of the book, and Bale's performance perfectly captures that character, but the film ultimately comes up short for me. Less Than Zero is bad, as is The Informers. I second the Glamorama hope, and pray that some kind, able-bodied (and moneyed) soul will come along and zap The Golden Suicides back to life.

Quote from: WorldForgot on January 23, 2020, 07:25:19 PM
One of a handful of novels that I feel must be filmed.

What are the others?

jenkins

i think you could pull off Glamorama with like a handful of real actors and a waterfall of holograms. i'd watch it. sometimes france is better at combining the practical with the artistic

WorldForgot

Quote from: eward on January 23, 2020, 07:33:47 PM

Quote from: WorldForgot on January 23, 2020, 07:25:19 PM
One of a handful of novels that I feel must be filmed.

What are the others?

Ooo, possible thread idea... Could be interesting to read what novels others have in their heads as filmz.