Shoplifters
0 (0%)
The Sisters Brothers
2 (11.8%)
Sorry To Bother You
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Jeremy Blackman

Welcome to the 2019 Xixax Awards! These nominees have been chosen by Xixax users and staff. Vote in the poll above to help decide the winner!

Robyn

Interesting that a debut film is leading this poll. 

I nominated it AND voted for it, but does that really make sense? The trailer did give me high expectations. Oh well...

Jeremy Blackman

VOTING IS CLOSED.

We were most disappointed by Incredibles 2.

Alethia

polkablues

The eight of you who were disappointed by Sorry to Bother You and Hereditary should be deeply ashamed of yourselves.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

fun fact: incredibles 2 and sorry to bother you were made blocks from each other. fun fact 2: Xixax hates Oakland. fun
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

WorldForgot

Hereditary was so bad that it became a great comedy.

polkablues

WorldForgot

Bad should be in quotations maybe? Both times I caught it in theatres there were so many moments of cathartic laughter. Midsommar seems to have that same smirk (irony?).

polkablues

You should definitely check out some of Ari Aster's short films. Hereditary is basically the straight horror version (such as it is) of the balls-to-the-wall surreal absurd comedy that he developed with those.

WorldForgot

Quote from: polkablues on May 08, 2019, 11:26:04 PM
You should definitely check out some of Ari Aster's short films. Hereditary is basically the straight horror version (such as it is) of the balls-to-the-wall surreal absurd comedy that he developed with those.

Into it

polkablues

I would start with "Beau"; it's short, it's funny in a really off-kilter way, and it's unsettling as hell.

Robyn

Quote from: polkablues on April 18, 2019, 08:38:59 PM
The eight of you who were disappointed by Sorry to Bother You and Hereditary should be deeply ashamed of yourselves.

I'll return to my corner.