The Dead Don't Die

Started by jenkins, July 30, 2018, 09:52:31 PM

jenkins

Previously an unrelated 1975 tv movie directed by Curtis Harington, written by Robert Bloch, with the synopsis "In the 1930s, a sailor trying to prove that his brother was wrongly executed for murder finds himself becoming drawn in the occult world."

Currently an upcoming Jim Jarmusch movie. i previously posted about available set photos.

I'm starting this topic because amid the set photos the names Daniel Craig and Rosie Perez were ignored by me.

The current announced cast is:

Adam Driver as Officer Peterson
Bill Murray as Robertson
Selena Gomez
Chloƫ Sevigny
Austin Butler
Daniel Craig
Rosie Perez
Steve Buscemi
Tilda Swinton
Caleb Landry Jones

It's with Focus Features, no release date yet

jenkins

oh and you know what, simply reading imdb user reviews revealed way more about the original The Dead Don't Die to me, and although of course it must still be true that this is Jarmusch's own movie, it is clearer to me why he found this title suitable

QuoteWhen movies were crude but better
zocotroco038 January 2004

This is a fun one. I remember being scared as hell. In an attempt to solve a murder mystery, George Hamilton finds himself in a town inhabited by zombies. He even has a love scene with one of them!! It would be cool to see a remake. There has never been a zombie movie movie quite like this one. Hope i find it on a video shelf some day.

imdb users strongly mention the dreamlike quality of this zombie movie by Curtis Harringtn, Robert Bloch, and apparently a great-job George Hamilton. also Linda Cristal and Joan Blondell. a dance hall is a central component and the dance-hall owner is played by Ray Milland.

the title has all the markings of Jarmusch's nerdery, and he does what he always does, which is reveal deeper meaning below what feels flat at first.

Curtis Harrington has also found support with Refn, and i personally immensely support Night Tide, which is actually the one Refn supports but that's unrelated to my personal interest

Alethia

Robyn

Jim Jarmusch films always looks boring to me, then you watch them and wish you could spend time with his characters forever. I get the same feeling from this. It doesn't look too great, but I know it will be a good time.

Alethia

It's so....ugly and - digital looking.

polkablues

"People comedically underreact to a zombie invasion" is a decent enough premise for a sketch, but seems thin for a feature film.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

Love the trailer. Yes, let's see if it can be enough for a feature; but JJ made one of my favorite movies with that premise: "A man rides a bus and writes poems. Sometimes he walks his dog".
Ascension.

Alethia

Paterson was a miraculous movie, so here's hoping.

jenkins

Drenk

I'll see it tomorrow. I have a good feeling.
Ascension.

jenkins

mm

there will be beauty between the lines there always is it's what Jarmusch "gets"

jenkins

did you see it was that true and are you gonna save it or is it ruined, question

Drenk

I didn't wake up and can't believe it's Saturday already, I'll post as soon as I see it. (Soon.)
Ascension.

jenkins

it should be like embargoed. it's such a buzzkill when the same types of frustrations click together and overwhelm a fresh perspective on a new movie. then it's like up to cult or art you know. since the majority of people trust the majority. honestly the herd mentality so fucking boring

jenkins

there are important questions, mind you. is it worse than Broken Flowers? or does it tie with The Limits of Control? how does it compare to Ghost Dog?

oh he's failed us before people are exaggerating  how bad this is I'm positive