the panic in needle park

Started by cowboykurtis, December 16, 2004, 12:22:41 AM

cowboykurtis

anyone of fan of this wonderful early pacino film -- wonderful film -- anyone know the current dvd status of this -- if you haven't seen it, check it out -- i saw it 4 years ago on a vhs -- been looking for it ever since
...your excuses are your own...

kotte

I have it on DVD...

With a trailer and
A Retrospect on Pacino's Career.

Pwaybloe

It appears that it was only released in the UK on DVD, but the good news is that it's available.  The bad news is that it's PAL.  

Review on the Region 0, PAL DVD release here.

If you've got a PAL player, you can buy it here.

modage

they've been showing the shit out of this recently (widescreen, uncut) on Fox Movie Channel.  i havent watched it but i did see that clip or two on Decade Under The Influence.  it looked crazy.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

soixante

Panic in Needle Park was directed by Jerry Schatzberg, a former fashion photographer who also directed Pacino in Scarecrow, an overlooked 1973 film that should be put on DVD, with its wonderful widescreen Vilmos Zsigmond cinematography.  Schatzberg also made Honeysuckle Rose, the Willie Nelson star vehicle from 1980 which ain't on DVD, and also Street Smart, the 1987 Christopher Reeve drama that launched Morgan Freeman's career.  Fortunately, Street Smart is on DVD.
Music is your best entertainment value.

jasper_window

Finally!  according to Davisdvd.com panic in needle park will be released on October 18th.  No details whatsoever though.

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html