Rate Lynch's Films

Started by j_scott_stroup04, December 15, 2003, 09:50:10 PM

j_scott_stroup04

P:
Please, tell us, we're dying to know the top 2 greatest living directors this world has...and will ever see
"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"- Rolling Stones

"When I am King you will be first against the wall!"- Radiohead

Pubrick

oh, that. i changed my mind, he's number one now.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Poh, that. i changed my mind, he's number one now.

hahaha.....thats right... 8)

Mia Wallace

1. Mulholland Drive 10/10
2. Blue Velvet 10/10
3. Lost Highway 10/10
4. The Straight Story 10/10
5. The Elephant Man 10/10
6. Eraserhead 9/10
7. Wild at Heart 8.5/10

Flat out genious and is not capable of making a film that I don't like. I refuse to see Dune so that will never change :P
I have to go powder my nose

modage

Quote from: Mia Wallace1. Mulholland Drive 10/10
2. Blue Velvet 10/10
3. Lost Highway 10/10
6. Eraserhead 9/10
7. Wild at Heart 8.5/10

Flat out genious and is not capable of making a film that I don't like. I refuse to see Dune so that will never change :P
you're gonna get along real well around here Mia.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Mia Wallace1. Mulholland Drive 10/10
2. Blue Velvet 10/10
3. Lost Highway 10/10
6. Eraserhead 9/10
7. Wild at Heart 8.5/10

Fire Walk With Me?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Mia Wallace

Haven't seen it but I get the feeling that i'll like it once I do.

themodernage02, I certainly hope so. :wink:
I have to go powder my nose

molly

I'VE JUST seen Wild at Heart again, and maybe it's rated so low on Mia's list because the characters are so repulsive.

modage

Quote from: mollyI'VE JUST seen Wild at Heart again, and maybe it's rated so low on Mia's list because the characters are so repulsive.
or because its so bad.  waits patiently for shitstorm.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02waits patiently for shitstorm.

....the wait is over.......:wink:

i assume the reason why you did not like the film was the same reason that ebert didn't like blue velvet...YOU DIDN'T "GET IT".......this film is in a nutshell......a whacked out lynchian road film.....i do not think it has any deeper meaning .but its just that.......and thius film contains....NEON's #7 favorite Lynch thing..........which is...the whole scene at night w/ the car wreck....and the chick from peaks..umm......the hot one...i'm forgetting her name right now....but it will come ...wait............................."Audrey" from twin Peaks...yeah that whole car wreck scene ..then the "wicked game"...song...thats perefect....lynch sets up that scene flawless....and eerie........

oh and mia welcome........................................................................and dune is not that bad ..its all about the finaL CuT.......

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Mia WallaceFlat out genious and is not capable of making a film that I don't like. I refuse to see Dune so that will never change :P
I hope you haven't seen Spartacus, then...

freakerdude

I've said it before and seem to be in the extreme minority when I say that WAH is in my top 3. It's just my kind of Lynch movie to the fullest but the ending kind of brings it down a bit, IMO.

My VHS version sucks and I want my WAH DVD dammit!  :evil:
MC Pee Pants

bonanzataz

i love wild at heart, i hate how people bash it. maybe it does get a bit slow towards the end and people don't like that. i know i don't really like that. but i still think it's a really good movie and utilized some really inventive filmmaking. visually, i think it's his strongest film.

as for you freakerdude, i hear the WAH dvd is coming out soon, but, if you can't wait any longer, go and import the Japanese dvd. that will play on any american dvd player. i don't think it's worth it though. from what i hear it should be out in region 1 sometime this year.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

i'm hoping for a good year for lynch fan:

1.0 wild at heart dvd.....give me a solid transfer...and a doc..
2.0 lost highway dvd.....give me...flawless transfer....and nice audio....and include "pretty as a picture" on the bonus 2nd disk

3.0  twin peaks season 2....region two dvd......please..please give us the exact quality of season one ...that set is PERFECT...its the best dvd tv set out ever.....in terms of audio/visual//and extras.....

4.0 fire walk w/ me........dvd....w/ those deleted scenes..............any day now..

5.0 lynch ' new film project announced

would n't that be a year........2004.........

modage

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi assume the reason why you did not like the film was the same reason that ebert didn't like blue velvet...YOU DIDN'T "GET IT"
no, it just seemed like lynch was directing a bad soap opera.  i thought it was terrible.