Doves (ne The)

Started by Born Under Punches, March 19, 2003, 12:41:29 AM

Born Under Punches

anyone listen to a band from manchester called doves.  they've released two great albums: lost souls in 2000 and the last broadcast in 2002.  i remember seeing a blurb about them on headline news sayting that they'd like to produce the score to a david lynch film.  anybody like them like me?

Ghostboy

Lost Souls was great, but I was really disappointed with The Last Broadcast. It sounded too mundane...but at least it was better than Coldplay.

xerxes

Quote from: Ghostboy...but at least it was better than Coldplay.

a low blow sir, a low blow

Ghostboy

Sorry. I really don't like them (Coldplay) at all...although I did at one point.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: GhostboySorry. I really don't like them (Coldplay) at all...although I did at one point.

Coldplay seems to be too bland for me, but their best song by far is "Such a Rush"

xerxes

well, they will be playing at the hollywood bowl soon and i am looking forward to seeing them for free

nevereven

No disrespect, but i dont like any of this new indie movement, Coldplay, Doves, Starsailor, Turin Brakes .e.t.c.

It`s EVERYWHERE here in England and yet it`s just so bland and lifeless, in my opinion.
Your face isnt a question....

Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life.

BonBon85

Yeah, the Doves are great. For some inexplicable reason I think the "There Goes the Fear" video is pretty cool. I think it's the mix of special effects with images that look like they're out of the sixties.

penfold0101

When i first heard The Last Broadcast i thought it was so boring and it just all sounded the same, but the more and more i listen to it, the more the songs develop. Now i think its super cool!

I also love Coldplay, in my opinion the first album parachutes is better than the second a Rush of Blood to the Head.

I don't understand how anyone can't like them (coldplay), but then i don't under stand why any on would eat Cucumber or drink Whiskey.
Each to their own!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.