Shrek 2

Started by edison, October 23, 2003, 12:49:11 PM

edison

You'll get your first look at a teaser trailer for next summer's SHREK 2. Attached to prints of ELF, hitting theaters on November 7th, will be the SHREK teaser. What is still unknown is how long the teaser is and exactly why type of footage is revealed. Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz and Eddie Murphy all returned for the animated sequel, bringing along Antonio Banderas (Puss 'N Boots) and John Cleese and Julie Andrews as Princess Fiona's parents. Expect the teaser to pop up online shortly after its debut in theaters.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

Shrek is one of the most overrated films I've ever seen.
Si

Redlum

My only problem with Shrek was that whenever there was an 'adult' joke, the whole film seemed to wink at you. Thats something that Pixar don't do. "Plenty of laughs for the kids, and a few slipped in to keep the parents interested". I hate that kind of thing.

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Kal

I loved Shrek... but with the plot of this new one I dont know if it will really work or it will be one of those sequels that they try just to make money off the first one and have no real though and work on it

Alethia

like most "disney-esque" sequels, they seem to be going to the city again......

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ewardlike most "disney-esque" sequels, they seem to be going ......

straight to video or dvd..i canot believe how many times i see a tv spot for a sequel for their  films that never hit theatres...(little mermaid 2).... :roll:

Kal

i just saw the trailer at the theatre watching ELF... looks like its well done and with some funny parts... but I dont know how successful can it be...

cine

I saw the trailer before Elf and I thought it sucked. But the thing is.. trailers really have sucked as of late. So who knows what to expect.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: NEON MERCURYstraight to video or dvd..i canot believe how many times i see a tv spot for a sequel for their  films that never hit theatres...(little mermaid 2).... :roll:

Disney is having great success with straight-to-home videos.  The latest Lilo & Stitch sequal did extremely well.  Expect more companies to follow.  

On the same note, the home video market is exploding right now.  Whatever your opinion may be of this trend, it's coming whether we like it or not.  

Those who are looking for work in the film industry can certainly find it in home video.

Ghostboy

I loved Shrek when it first opened, but it was rendered obsolete later that year by Monsters Inc. The comment above about all the winks to the adults is really what diminishes the film on repeat viewings. Pixar films appeal to everyone on the same great level.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Whats the deal with this shrek 3-d thing dvd thats coming out in april?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: StefenWhats the deal with this shrek 3-d thing dvd thats coming out in april?
It's just another Bullshit ploy to make Money
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks