What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

context, context, context.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cronopiolos diablos guapos.

nein!!!

Kal

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: StefenLets call ourselves The Stefens.   :yabbse-cool:

Oki I give in.

"Xixax is a religion. Because it's dealing with the spirit. You as a spiritual being. It gives you tools you can use to apply to your life." - Tom Cruise

I say we ban Tom Cruise from xixax.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Finn

I saw that website a few days ago. really funny but accurate stuff
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ravi

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050801/ap_en_mo/people_bacall_4

Bacall Rips Cruise's 'Vulgar' Behavior
Mon Aug 1,12:26 PM ET

Lauren Bacall has a few unkind words to say about Tom Cruise. In an interview in the Aug. 8 issue of Time magazine, now on newsstands, the 80-year-old actress says, "When you talk about a great actor, you're not talking about Tom Cruise."

"His whole behavior is so shocking," she says. "It's inappropriate and vulgar and absolutely unacceptable to use your private life to sell anything commercially, but I think it's kind of a sickness."

Bacall was alluding to Cruise's displays of emotion and public courting of Katie Holmes in the weeks leading up to the release of his new film, "War of the Worlds." Cruise and Holmes became engaged in June after he proposed at the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Last fall, Bacall made similar remarks about Cruise's ex-wife Nicole Kidman, her co-star in "Birth." While promoting the movie, Bacall became irritated when an interviewer described Kidman as "a legend."

"She's not a legend," Bacall said. "She can't be a legend at whatever age she is. ... You have to be older."

"Private Screenings: Lauren Bacall" and a marathon of Bacall's films were to air Monday on TCM.

hedwig

ddbright

He fired his long time publicist and now has his sister doing it.  Obviously she doesn't know what she's doing because if she were smart she'd put a muzzle on that guy's mouth.

Myxo

He should fire himself.

How do you publicize a fucko?

Pubrick

Quote from: ddbrightHe fired his long time publicist and now has his sister doing it.  Obviously she doesn't know what she's doing because if she were smart she'd put a muzzle on that guy's mouth.
hey, thanks for the old news!
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Spielberg no Cruise fan: After the mighty wave of Tomkat threatened to drown publicity for "War of the Worlds," you can hardly blame Steven Spielberg if he needs a little space from Tom Cruise. But there may be more to it than just the celebrity gossip angle. As the New York Post writes, "the director is still steamed at Cruise for ranting, during what were supposed to be promotional appearances for the Martian-invasion film, against the widespread use of Ritalin to treat unruly children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder." Cruise has been down-talking a lot of drugs lately, from Ritalin to antidepressants. "Steven and his wife [Kate Capshaw] have five children themselves and know some children for whom Ritalin does a lot of good. They took exception to what Tom said about the drug." Another source tells the Post, "They will not be working together again and Steven will never call him his friend."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

omg, yes!!! it's official, everyone hates tom cruise now. go steven!

Kal

that actually sucks... two of the people i admire the most in this business... i hated war of the worlds but i was hoping to see them working together again