Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

Have you ever met a movie star!?  :shock:

If so, tell us how you met em.. Directors also count.

chris

xerxes

BonBon85

I used to work at the theater where George Lucas goes. He was there almost every week. My first week at the job I was serving popcorn when I saw him. I panicked, dropped the bag of popcorn, pointed straight at him and said "it's George Lucas". I was a little too embarrassed to talk to him after that.

Another time Sean Penn took his kids to see a movie. He basically dropped them off and then sat in the lobby through the entire time.

Ravi

I shook Jackie Chan's hand when he came to Target a few years ago to sign his latest book.  My communications major studies teacher in 11th and 12th grades used to write for some TV shows in the 80s, including The A-Team and L.A. Law.  The director Istvan Szabo (Mephisto, Sunshine) came to my university in February when they were showing a few of his films, and I talked to him for a little bit.

Interesting story about my teacher who was a writer.  He met with Michael Mann sometime in the 80s when he was doing Miami Vice, and he told Mann that he read an early draft of his script for Red Dragon (Manhunter) and Mann got pissed off because he didn't know copies of the script were floating around.  My teacher showed me a bound copy of the script, with "Red Dragon" on the cover page.

snaporaz

harry knowles, tarantino...that's about it.

oh wait. i met a few professional skateboarders a few years ago.

MacGuffin

When I worked as an office PA, it was for a TV movie that starred Martin Landau. The offices were at the top floor in the old building on Hollywood and Vine. One night when my shift was done, I got into the elevator and wasn't really paying attention. Someone said, "Wow these elevators are really old" because they creaked when going down. I said, "That's because the have squirrels up there turning the wheels." Small laughter. When I turned around, I found out it was Mr. Landau himself. I knew he was heading the same way to the parking lot, so I walked with him. He was staring at the stars along the boulevard and commented about how many greats there were, when we came upon Cary Grant's star. I said, "I know you worked with him, what was he like?" (The two were in "North By Northwest" together) Mr. Landau seemed a bit shocked, yet pleasantly surprised by my question, like he didn't expect it from a young PA or that I even knew who he was. He continued to tell me about what a great set Hitch ran and Grant was one of the nicest men he's ever met. I'm telling you, it was like the scene in "Ed Wood" when Ed and Bela first meet, except this was about a year before that movie. Never was a walk so short. We finally came to his car. I thanked him and asked him to sign an autograph to my mother. He graciously did, and she still has it. If I ever meet him again, I hope he remembers that 'cause it made an impact on me.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Met a few (who hasn't?)... but my favorite story to tell is this one (even though, "celebrity" might not be the right word here)

I was about 18 or so and my mother had this office picnic that she had dragged me along to.  It was at Frontier City, this trashy theme park in Oklahoma City.  Just like at the Zoo, the have an ampitheater where washed out bands often play.  

That day, it was a double bill.. Nazareth and Blue Oyster Cult.  Nazareth was onstage and I was a little tired of the same shitty roller coaster over and over so I walked by that area for a quick smoke and to take a look.

This guy walks up to me, he's got a backstage pass hanging around his neck, I figured he was a roadie or something.  Anyway, he asked for a light and I gave him one.  He stood there and casually asked how was I doing and did I come for the show?  

"Nah, my mom drug me along for this picnic she's having"

"Oh yeah?  Do you like these guys?"

"Nazareth?  Never really listened to them much"

"What about Blue Oyster Cult?"

"Well, that Don't fear the Reaper song's pretty cool, but most of thier other stuff is pretty boring"

"Cool, thanks for the light man, take it easy"

He walked off and I went to get some chicken.  I came back and BOC was on stage and lo and behold, guess who's playing guitar, that same guy.  I had to get closer to the stage to double check and it sure as hell was him.

Thought it was odd that he didn't try to defend his band or even care that I told him the music was boring.

ShanghaiOrange

My uncle is a director and I got to go on the set of one of his movies once. I got to meet (in order of fame) Kiefer Sutherland, Anthony LaPalgia, and Charles Martin Smith. I got to watch "Win Ben Stein's Money" with Charlie Martin Smith. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

bonanzataz

I've met buttloads of famous people, but I think my favorite was a drunk Michelle Rodriguez at the premiere of Girlfight, so it was before she was famous. I'd never heard of her, but I'd just seen the movie and thought she kicked ass and I told her so. She was like, "thanks man!" Little did I know she would be starring alongside the great Vin Diesel in a little film called "The Fast and the Furious" but a few years later. Not to mention "Resident Evil" (which I actually think is a fucking awesome movie).

I met Bill Cosby on the set of a Jell-O pudding commercial. I think that's pretty funny.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

soixante

I saw Joel Schumacher in a bookstore and introduced myself.  I told him I enjoyed "Car Wash" and "Falling Down," and he was very nice and appreciative.  Extremely cool guy.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Ernie

Philip Seymour Hoffman baby! Only famous guy I've ever met....but really though, who better than PSH?

Yeah, he grew up in fairport...a town very close to mine and he happened to be in town for this local film festival, like only the 2nd annual one they've done, called The High Falls Film Festival...he was promoting Love Liza with his bro Gordy...and of course he probably wanted to visit the old town. There was an actors seminar and he showed up. My mom said we should go even though we probably wouldn't get in. It ended up not even being sold out, it was great. I was like a fucking teenage girl walking up to him...I was literally trembling. My mom and my sister had to force me into it...turned out to be the nicest guy in the world...signed both sides of my Boogie Nights poster when I had him sign the backwards side by accident (it's one of those double sided originals  8) ). He was fucking great, he even posed for a picture w/ me and my sister...it was one of the best days of my life. He is my favorite actor, no question. I even asked him a question during the seminar about the little fit he has with the phone in PDL when he's talking to Barry, where he sort of twitches with the phone and pulls on it...I asked him if it was improvised or if PTA told him to do that...cause it was one my favorite moments in the movie. Turns out PTA told him to do it after seeing him do it in a previous movie or show...the name of it I do not remember. I was too fucking excited to memorize everything and take it all in....it was fucking cool.

Anyway, I don't care if I never meet another famous person again...PSH is more than enough. Besides, I would convulse, faint and die a painful death if I ever met Audrey Tautou or Zooey Deschanel...or PTA for that matter. I'm surprised I didn't when I met PSH...I definitely came close. The beautiful poster hangs right next to Magnolia and PDL on my wall...the beautiful signature right next to Scotty J with his sunglasses and genius for all to see. It's amazing.

Derek

I met Paul Le Mat at a car show where he was there with his American Graffiti car. Everyone was talking about that movie, so he was a little surprised when I got him to sign my Melvin and Howard poster.

We talked for a little bit about the movie, and he pulled out a couple of 8x10's of himself and Jason Robards and signed them for me as well.
Nice guy.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Ravi

Quote from: soixanteI saw Joel Schumacher in a bookstore and introduced myself.  I told him I enjoyed "Car Wash" and "Falling Down," and he was very nice and appreciative.  Extremely cool guy.

I would have had him autograph my copy of D.C. Cab, starring Mr. T.

aclockworkjj

hahaha....I once met Alice Cooper....very nice guy!  We talked Big Ten Football for about 15 min. or so....

And I also met Luther Campbell (2 Live Crew Fame), at the Miami airport during a lay-over....funny ass guy!