Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

Sleuth

SPOILOR

bankuy

One thing I kept in mind through the whole experience was that Warren Beatty was going to be Bill at first

also the shotgun blast was rock salt you use it to make ice cream
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: ©bradlet me first give props to uma, cuz all fanboys want to do is talk about tarantino, but uma's performance in this one was remarkably remarkable. how she can be so badass and tough while at the same time sweet and vulnerable is amazing, for lack of a better adjective. the look(s) on her face in the bathroom when she's lying on the floor crying/smiling (my favorite part)--- oh man.
yeah i know. thats why i voted for her at the xixax awards this year.

Quote from: ©bradhere's my question; when did tarantino get so gosh darn visually innovative? i mean, this is not the same director of pulp/jb. actually, i see a lot of pta in kill bill, in both volumes.
i agree. thats what i was so blown away by when i saw the first part, that he really had grown as a filmmaker, as far as just using your whole arsenal.  just like PDL seems like a totally different film than something like magnolia or boogie nights which are totally engrossing, but PDL was just a movie from another planet.  the sound/editing/wayitwasshot etc.  just totally different.  i think kill bill is the same way.

Quote from: ©bradi don't really understand the incessant need to view this as a separate film. 10 years from now, when we're all older and married and still jacking off to tarantino's filmography, we'll look back at kill bill as one film. i promise.
because he made the decision to release it as two films.  it doesnt matter what it was intended as, because thats not how it was released.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

Quote from: SlombSPOILOR

bankuy

also the shotgun blast was rock salt you use it to make ice cream

so i guess that means it was just for dehabilitating her?  Thanks for telling me cause i didnt understand thats what he meant.  My apologies for my early remark regarding the subject

man ebert really need to lay off the pipe

Quote from: Roger Ebert From his review
Later, The Bride produces a black mamba snake, and in a sublime touch, reads from a Web page that describes the snake's deadly powers.

SoNowThen

:lol:  Yeah, he does that ALL the time. I love the old bugger, but every second review I've ever read by him has a glaring wrong character error. Does he not have an editor?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Weak2ndAct

So last night I saw the movie again (from the Kimmel incident in my other thread) and must say I probably liked it even more than the first viewing.  How fucking hypnotic is Carradine making that sandwich?????

My new favorite line, courtesy of Larry Bishop:

"Do a line, baby.  Be somebody."   :lol:

Jake_82

Quote from: Weak2ndActHow fucking hypnotic is Carradine making that sandwich?????

I know! I really wanted to eat it, but I couldn't.  :cry:

Also, about the Pussy Wagon being destroyed by Yuki, I heard that that sequence was used as one of the alternate sequences in the Japanese version.
your reality is at the end of your dream

The Disco Kid

Just came back from seeing 2. To sum it up: Anticlimactic!  

First of all, when you take material so skimpy that it can barely fill a single movie in a satisfying way, and stretch it out across two full length films, well, your story starts to sag like an old man's sac on an August afternoon. But, if youre really going to insist on making your audience sit through one half-a-movie in November, then make them wait 6 months for the rest, you damned well better make it worth it. Tarantino didnt.

All this moronic praise being heaped on these movies by the critics really makes me want to vomit. I want my 20 bucks back.

Also, I must say that Daryl Hannah is holding up quite nicely.

Alethia

Quote from: Jake_82
Also, about the Pussy Wagon being destroyed by Yuki, I heard that that sequence was used as one of the alternate sequences in the Japanese version.

sequence was never even shot......and theres alternate scenes for the japanese in vol 2 as well??

Ghostboy

There's this indie filmmaking messageboard I drop by every now and then -- it's very useful for sharing technical information, but when people start discussing movies, it makes me immediately run for the cover of xixax. Witness this (serious) response:

"QT has gone and lost his mind I think. I also love old Samurai flicks, but when you say Samurai flick Akira Kurasawa comes to mind more than QT would. I hated "Pulp Fiction". I thought it was trashy and just down right stupid. I hav'nt seen all of his movies; "Pulp Fiction" was in fact the only one of Seen, but to someone like me ovies like that have absolutly no redeeming qualities and just waste my time. Go see "Hidalgo" or something worthwhile instead, People."

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: The Disco Kidwell, your story starts to sag like an old man's sac on an August afternoon.

hahahahah.......

SoNowThen

Quote from: GhostboyThere's this indie filmmaking messageboard I drop by every now and then -- it's very useful for sharing technical information, but when people start discussing movies, it makes me immediately run for the cover of xixax. Witness this (serious) response:

"QT has gone and lost his mind I think. I also love old Samurai flicks, but when you say Samurai flick Akira Kurasawa comes to mind more than QT would. I hated "Pulp Fiction". I thought it was trashy and just down right stupid. I hav'nt seen all of his movies; "Pulp Fiction" was in fact the only one of Seen, but to someone like me ovies like that have absolutly no redeeming qualities and just waste my time. Go see "Hidalgo" or something worthwhile instead, People."

Yikes. Good thing the only thing "indie" filmmaker really signifies in this day and age is that you own a handicam of some sort. People like this don't deserve to be making movies.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Tarantino to unleash 'the fused' KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR at Cannes
Source: AICN

Harry here -- and if you're like me and seen KILL BILL VOL 2 four times already - this is fantastic news. So curious to see if that Bill vs Al Simmons fight gets put back in! Here ya go...

Hi Harry,  

I got the chance to attend the Kill Bill: Volume 2 press conference at the Conrad Hotel, London yesterday for Film-Reviews.Net . In attendance were Michael Madson, Darryl Hannah, David Carodine and Uma Thurman. It was cool seeing the actors, though David Carrodine seemed intent on telling us his life story.  After a Q and A session with the actors, they set up a live satalite link up with Quentin Tarantino. I was one of the lucky few that got to ask Quentin a question. I asked him whether he had plans to re-edit Kill Bill: Volume 1 and 2 back together. He went on to explain about the Japanese versions of both films that were released, which had all of the violent scenes in full colour (House of Blue Leaves etc). Quentin retained the distribution rights to both parts. He then revealed to me that he had already edited both volumes back together and would be premiering the complete film on the last day of the Cannes Film Festival this year! You heard it here first!  

Best regards,

Mark O'Connell
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

i assume this is the version we will get on dvd?

picolas

Quote from: ewardi assume this is the version we will get on dvd?
yes. you do.

Alethia