Eli Roth thought the ending of CMBB was all about him, also :|

Started by john, February 26, 2010, 01:23:12 AM

Pas

Let's not forget it for the next Deka then!

To close my comments on the thing, I'd like to point out that the Lynch/Roth connection is based on Roth working for Lynch on projects for his piece of shit website. No wonder he likes the kid, must be the only guy who can successfully pretend that Lynch's animated shorts are interesting. To quote P, Lynch needs to shut the fuck up with this stuff.

polkablues

Quote from: Alexandro on February 26, 2010, 02:14:05 PM
in his own words, when he saw the final film he said to roth that the film didn't need his name on it because it was good on it's own.

That was probably the most polite way for him to put it. Can we please stop talking about Cabin Fever in the PTA section??? I actually kind of like the Hostel movies, but Cabin Fever is one of the worst things ever.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

What's worse... Eli Roth taking it seriously, Tarantino texting PTA for Eli Roth, PTA actually liking and rewatching Cabin Fever, or that we've discussed all of this thus far?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

It's all worse.  We should just refer to this whole series of events as the New Holocaust from here on out.

bluejaytwist

Quote from: matt35mm on February 26, 2010, 12:10:09 PM
From the account that John gives, though, it's not even clear that Eli Roth has ever actually met PTA.  Or if so, it doesn't really sound like they're friends.

my girlfriend and her sister are acquaintances of his and i have since become one due to a chance meeting in january when he was on his way to the critics choice awards or something. anyways: when she first met him someplace (i was not there at that specific moment) it came up in convo that i knew paul, apparently he made this face  :shock: .she got the impression that he has never met him as well but really wanted to and speaking to him myself, that was the impression i got as well. in fact his response was rather venomous when i mentioned the web similarities between him/lynch, myself/paul...

i have several minor horror stories from that evening but all that being said: he bought us dinner and took us to his place and showed us around and some scenes from old horror films he liked and etc etc (not boasting this in any way shape or form, just the fact that he is a pretty decent guy under the front despite trying to out-bro me every 5 seconds all night long but he certainly has a chip on his shoulder that seems to get him in shit endlessly and i have no idea why he even bothered telling that story

(the same way ive spent this entire time questioning why i am even bothering typing this)

the end
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

bluejaytwist

and of course paul likes cabin fever. you can't picture him baked watching that plastic deer get smashed by the car and squealing with delight?
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

polkablues

That story managed to confirm every preconception I ever held about Eli Roth (whom I'll refer to simply as  :shock: from now on).

Stefen

Quote from: polkablues on February 27, 2010, 01:09:46 AM
That story managed to confirm every preconception I ever held about Eli Roth (whom I'll refer to simply as  :shock: from now on).

Please let this become a recurring running gag/reference on this site anytime :shock: is mentioned.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

md

Dude is a dick

Admin edit: Giant artificial cock.  Plus Eli Roth's face.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

matt35mm

Reel

:shock: managed to sneak himself into the very top of The Master's IMDB page. Fuckin' incredible.

P Heat

Quote from: Reelist on September 16, 2012, 09:49:35 AM
:shock: managed to sneak himself into the very top of The Master's IMDB page. Fuckin' incredible.

I was gonna post that. lol wtf.  I bet he now thinks that he is freddie and P.T is PSH
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Jeremy Blackman

I'm not seeing it. I didn't see it yesterday either. Please explain!

Reel

they fixed it now, but  :shock: was at the TIFF premiere and his pic made it onto the front page, next to shots of Freddy and L. Dodd from the movie.  :)