What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

cine

This thread is similar to the Real Soundtracks thread. However this one is slightly different. What I did last night was studied the words "CD Player." After a long 3 and half hours, I discovered that when you replace the letter 'C' with the letters 'D' and 'V', you get: "DVD Player." So this is for you folks to flaunt what DVDs you're watching from your collection or which ones you've happened to NetFlix/rent.

Important Note: PLEASE Do Not Quote Pictures If They're On the Same Page.

Here's what's in my DVD Player right now:

Stefen

I have the mirror in my player now.

Maybe we should all just edit our original posts when we have something new in it. And just list what we currently had in it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: StefenMaybe we should all just edit our original posts when we have something new in it. And just list what we currently had in it.
Bad idea because people are going to want to discuss the movies in small talk and what have you..

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

Quote from: WithnailWhy didn't anyone think of this before?
because unlike CDs, where i don't even hav to own the album to say that i'm playing it (stolen in a second), most everyone has the same DVDs, and those who don't (like myself) only hav like 10 to post EVER, unless i rent sum, and even then u'll all hav posted it anyway.

lack of variety, in short.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

^

You were trying to listen to the Pulp Ficton commentary, weren't you?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Just got it in the mail today and loving every second of it:

Alethia

south park: bigger, longer and uncut

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Quote from: ElPandaRoyalThe Who's TOMMY

Interesting. I grew up with that movie :? .
context, context, context.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: WithnailWhy didn't anyone think of this before?
because unlike CDs, where i don't even hav to own the album to say that i'm playing it (stolen in a second), most everyone has the same DVDs, and those who don't (like myself) only hav like 10 to post EVER, unless i rent sum, and even then u'll all hav posted it anyway.

lack of variety, in short.

You could just lie  :wink:

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: ElPandaRoyalThe Who's TOMMY

Interesting. I grew up with that movie :? .

I'd say it's one of the sickest movies I've ever seen. But I do love the music and... who can resist Cousin Kevin or Pinball Wizard?
Si