If a deaf could hear one song...

Started by kotte, October 31, 2005, 05:04:06 PM

kotte

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: Cinephilewell if that premise is true then hes taking the deaf community for idiots he's clearly lying and they would know that. so i'm sure he was joking.
were you joking kotte? if so, please explain your readiohead thing.

It was a joke, though my inital question was not.

Well...
QuoteWhat should I do? Play her Exit Music and say, "this is Radiohead...and it's their worst song."

I'm not digging deep into deaf peoples psychologies here but...
I think it could be a good idea to play a bad song to not make her feel bad.
Exit Music is a great fucking song yet it's one of their worst (in my opinion)...I think it says a lot about what this deaf person is missing out on.

staralfur.

thread cancelled and won, monster truckers.
context, context, context.

cine

kotte, you're still assuming that they don't read anything about music cause they're deaf. so your idea wouldn't even work, it'd be insulting.

kotte

Quote from: Cinephilekotte, you're still assuming that they don't read anything about music cause they're deaf. so your idea wouldn't even work, it'd be insulting.

Come on, your taking it too seriously...it's just another spin on the "best song" theme.

context, context, context.

hedwig

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: Cinephilekotte, you're still assuming that they don't read anything about music cause they're deaf. so your idea wouldn't even work, it'd be insulting.

Come on, your taking it too seriously...it's just another spin on the "best song" theme.

oh it is? it didnt seem like that. oh well, deja vu:

Quote from: kotteIt was a poorly written post. I didn't get my point across...

picolas

but you said it was a joke.

hedwig

Quote from: picolas
but you said it was a joke.

this wasn't:

Quote from: kotteI'm not digging deep into deaf peoples psychologies here but...
I think it could be a good idea to play a bad song to not make her feel bad.
Exit Music is a great fucking song yet it's one of their worst (in my opinion)...I think it says a lot about what this deaf person is missing out on.

picolas

oh i see.

in that case: you made fun of your question in the first post.

hedwig

he wasn't saying this thread's question was being made fun of.

picolas

Sigur Rós

Bethie

i think you're all deaf. i mean dumb. oh, same thing.
who likes movies anyway

Pas

Hey you can always make him/her listen to a crappy song and pretend it's called like "Stairway to Heaven" or whatever song you'd like a deaf to hear.

SO KOTTE WAS RIGHT. SHUT UP.

Kotte... I ... did my..... best...and failed *dies*