Phantom Thread - Interviews

Started by velociraptor, November 27, 2017, 11:50:34 AM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

Hm. Not sure how I feel about the new close-shave PTA style. Makes him look...kind of odd. Just me?

STB

Did anyone catch this full Sirius XM interview or know where one could find a recording of the entire thing?

Something Spanish

If you have Sirius you can listen to it On Demand from Radio Andy show (12/13/17)

I'm listening right now, PTA has a new DVD recommendation: Skyscraper (1996) starting Anna Nicole Smith.

csage97

Drenk

Quote from: csage97 on December 20, 2017, 09:45:19 AM
It makes me happy to know that PTA was reading (rereading?) Against The Day.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-dark-optimism-of-paul-thomas-anderson

When we were talking about literary references in the other topic...I don't know if the past lives of Dodd and Freddy are an oblique reference to Against the Day, but maybe...

EDIT: I was thinking "oh, that's a great profile" while reading it, then I saw that it had been written by Zach Baron. He's a very talented writer. And he's able to write a profile without making it about himself. Which is nice sometimes.
Ascension.

©brad

Quote from: Drenk on December 20, 2017, 09:54:47 AM
Quote from: csage97 on December 20, 2017, 09:45:19 AM
It makes me happy to know that PTA was reading (rereading?) Against The Day.

When we were talking about literary references in the other topic...I don't know if the past lives of Dodd and Freddy are an oblique reference to Against the Day, but maybe...

EDIT: I was thinking "oh, that's a great profile" while reading it, then I saw that it had been written by Zach Baron. He's a very talented writer. And he's able to write a profile without making it about himself. Which is nice sometimes.

That GQ interview was fantastic.

Sleepless

Quote from: Mogambo on December 20, 2017, 12:29:40 AM
Quote from: eward on December 19, 2017, 09:01:17 PM
Hm. Not sure how I feel about the new close-shave PTA style. Makes him look...kind of odd. Just me?

PTA looks beautiful in a beard. This clean shaven look is madness.

I'm still trying to reconcile that's Burt Reynolds without the 'tache.

Quote from: STB on December 19, 2017, 10:11:24 PM

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Sleepless on December 20, 2017, 11:00:48 AM
Quote from: Mogambo on December 20, 2017, 12:29:40 AM
Quote from: eward on December 19, 2017, 09:01:17 PM

PTA looks beautiful in a beard. This clean shaven look is madness.

I'm still trying to reconcile that's Burt Reynolds without the 'tache.

Quote from: STB on December 19, 2017, 10:11:24 PM

Are you talking about the man in that photo with PTA? Because that's Andy Cohen.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Something Spanish

I ripped and posted the Andy Cohen interview for ya'll. audio is pretty shoddy. enjoy.

https://youtu.be/wjZ9AfTJeeQ

STB

wilberfan

The Dark Optimism of Paul Thomas Anderson

QuoteI don't want to talk about myself any fucking more," he said at one point.

But, of course, he does...

Rooty Poots

Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Sleepless

Quote from: Rooty Poots on December 20, 2017, 12:42:56 PM
Are you talking about the man in that photo with PTA? Because that's Andy Cohen.

Yes. It was a joke.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.