Where The Wild Things Are

Started by tpfkabi, November 27, 2003, 09:31:27 PM

SiliasRuby

Well, if its got the author's blessing I'm completely in.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

picolas

i almost can't stand how wonderful that makes it look.

MacGuffin

Comic-Con: 'Where the Wild Things Are' gets an intro from its pint-sized star

Max Records is 11, and he's never been in front of a Comic-Con-sized crowd before. So it's OK if he reads notes about his movie, "Where the Wild Things Are" off of the palm of his hand.

"Wow, this is a lot of people," he said, a little startled. "I haven't really done anything like this before."

Before introducing the trailer and additional footage from "Wild Things," Records said he'd recently talked to author Maurice Sendak, who wrote the 1963 kids story book classic. Sendak told him, "You know, I really love this movie, and I just hope people like it. Because if not, they can go straight to hell."

In a filmed clip Sendak said director Spike Jonze's version of the story "maintains the peculiarness" of the book. "There will be controversy," he said.

"Wild Things" revolves around a boy with anger issues who escapes to an imaginary land where giant beasts roam. To get the right-sized reactions to the fantastical world out of Records, Jonze apparently resorted to a bit of trickery. 

"A lot of people ask what it was like working with Spike," Records said. "Instead of acting, he wanted real emotions, so in the middle of shooting a scene where I'm supposed to act surprised he got a huge propane tank and lit a huge flame over me. And it kinda worked."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Oh my fuck.  Amazing.  I can't wait to see that trailer in high quality.
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

I don't want to die before I see this. This is my one reason to live. I'm gonna start exercising, I'm gonna stop smoking pot and drinking, I'm going to look both ways before I cross the street and I'm going to start using condoms everytime. I will ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. I'm not going to fly or even travel very far. If a pools deeper than 5 feet I will not enter. I'm going to start taking a multivitamin. I'm going to be nicer to everyone around me. Every night before bed I'm going to pray and ask Jesus to keep me safe until I see this movie. 
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

(polka, it's in HD)

as exciting as the first trailer.  soundtrack is edited together better.  less scary, more joyful.  i love it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

A minor peeve is I wish Spike would have used a different song. I read a rumor that he was cutting a trailer to the Flaming Lips, "Do You Realize" which would have brought tears to my eyes.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

©brad

In the words of the Gossip Girl cast incessantly shooting outside my apartment - OMFG. 

I'm going to allow myself to watch this three more times and that's it. Just three more times... 

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

Sleepless

Quote from: Stefen on June 04, 2009, 12:41:27 AM
lol. nobody here will ever have children.

So..........

my wife is pregnant  :shock:
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.