The Arcade Fire

Started by Film Student, December 15, 2004, 12:47:13 PM

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollar

Accordion?

Oh you learn something every day. In Denmark it's called a "harmonika".

Gamblour.

haha, oh ok, that's cool. Here's what we call a harmonica (in case you call it something else):

Huey Lewis:

John Popper of Blues Traveler:
WWPTAD?

cine

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarHere's what we call a harmonica (in case you call it something else):
i already asked someone and apparently they call that an akkordian.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarhaha, oh ok, that's cool. Here's what we call a harmonica (in case you call it something else):

Ok, we call that a "mundharmonika" or in english a "mouthharmonica".

Gamblour.

Gotcha, Sigur.

Oh, Cinephile, you blowhard!
WWPTAD?

SHAFTR

I have 10 free songs to download on iTunes, I was thinking of downloading Funeral.  My question to those who own the album, is it worth buying for the packaging/linear notes, etc?  Or should I just download it for free on iTunes?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

i have never bought an album on iTunes because i just cannot get my head around NOT getting a physical cd/linear notes/case/etc.  although in cases where i just want to get a single or a song or two off a soundtrack, thats when i buy songs off of there.  so in my case, i'd say buy the cd, its worth it.  but if you dont have a problem with not owning a physical copy of it, then go for it. you can't beat 9.99.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: themodernage02you can't beat 9.99.

free with the ten pepsi caps.  Also, I'm just going to put the cd on my ipod if I get it.  Is there anything special about the linear notes for this album?

EDIT:  I just physically bought the album for $11.

Pedro

it looks allright, i guess.  just enjoy the music.

socketlevel

Quote from: SHAFTRI have 10 free songs to download on iTunes, I was thinking of downloading Funeral.  My question to those who own the album, is it worth buying for the packaging/linear notes, etc?  Or should I just download it for free on iTunes?

buy it, give props to the indie acts!  besides, the cd case is digipack, not just standard jewel case with boring booklet.  at least thats the release in canada.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

modage

anyone who hasnt heard their earlier currently OOP EP, even though its not nearly as good as the album its still interesting to see how much they've progressed so quickly, but songs on it are still good, can go here to download it: http://youaintnopicasso.blogspot.com/2005/04/arcade-fire-self-titled-ep-us-kids.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

so far, so great on Funeral.

socketlevel

Quote from: themodernage02anyone who hasnt heard their earlier currently OOP EP, even though its not nearly as good as the album its still interesting to see how much they've progressed so quickly, but songs on it are still good, can go here to download it: http://youaintnopicasso.blogspot.com/2005/04/arcade-fire-self-titled-ep-us-kids.html

it's not OOP, it's just not released by a major label.  in toronto you can get it at "Rotate This."  or if you see them in concert you can buy it off them.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

tpfkabi

Quote from: themodernage02anyone who hasnt heard their earlier currently OOP EP, even though its not nearly as good as the album its still interesting to see how much they've progressed so quickly, but songs on it are still good, can go here to download it: http://youaintnopicasso.blogspot.com/2005/04/arcade-fire-self-titled-ep-us-kids.html

i guess i must be missing it or it was taken down because i don't see mp3 links anywhere on the page. help please?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Film Student

Okay, I've been listening to "Funeral" religiously lately, and I take back every stupid, stupid comment I made about them being a rip off of Bright Eyes.  I'm embarrassed for myself.  "Funeral" is fucking brilliant.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter