There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

grand theft sparrow

Chere mill finally be BLOOD in
NEW YORK FUCKING CITY!!!!!

There Will Be Blood
With Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis in person
Tuesday, December 11, 7:00 p.m.
At Clearview Chelsea West, 333 West 23rd Street, Manhattan

2007, 158 mins., 35mm print courtesy Paramount Vantage. Daniel Day-Lewis (My Left Foot, The Last of the Mohicans, Gangs of New York) gives a magnificent performance as the ruthless and sociopathic oil tycoon Daniel Plainview in this "boldly and magnificently strange" epic (Variety). Loosely adapted from Upton Sinclair's 1927 novel Oil, the film has been compared to Citizen Kane and Giant. This is the most ambitious film to date by the Paul Thomas Anderson (Magnolia, Boogie Nights). The discussion with Daniel Day-Lewis and Paul Thomas Anderson will be moderated by Peter Bart, Editor-in-Chief, Variety.
Tickets $12 Museum members/free for Sponsor level and above/$18 non-members. Buy tickets online or call 718.784.4520.

"the Paul Thomas Anderson" is the new "the Christmas."

EDIT: link fixed

JG

18 dollars, ugh, i swear - not for any other movie...

but there will be blood!

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

noyes

south america's my name.

cine

see you jerks there.

who's gonna ask a question and say they're from the Xixax Press?

bonanzataz

god, i have so much work to do. i don't know if i want to travel all the way down there to see a movie by myself when i have so much to do.

would there be a xixax meet'n'greet at the box office?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cine

taz we're all gonna be there. we're gonna show up Xixax LA like you wouldn't believe.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

grand theft sparrow

We should make a big xixax banner to have PTA and DDL hold in the event that we can get a group photo.  If we have a large enough group, they'll have no choice but to say yes.  That's where L.A. went wrong.  They didn't have things organized.

©brad

is everyone at least 21? b/c afterwards there will be drinking.

cine

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

JG

HEY GUYS BUY ME BEER THANKS. 

asdkjghsakdjghasldkjgh it feels weird cos i want to look forward to the date, but i'll also have to have written like 3 papers, read moby dick, and studied for finals by that time. 

i knew it would be bad timing but sheeshhhhhhhhhh. 

The Perineum Falcon

Well, at least you have the chance to go. I'll just stuck here, a thousand miles away, doing finals.

Distance makes the heart grow sadder. :(
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

noyes

Quote from: JG on November 28, 2007, 04:02:00 PM
asdkjghsakdjghasldkjgh it feels weird cos i want to look forward to the date, but i'll also have to have written like 3 papers, read moby dick, and studied for finals by that time. 

i can totally relate.
i have a shit load of work to do, starting with a goddamn 4000 word essay due tomorrow..
it'll be cool seeing PTA in person for the 1st time though. can't wait.
south america's my name.