There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on May 23, 2007, 04:31:55 PM
cigs n red vines reports that...
there are strong rumors that there will be blood will premiere at the venice film festival. the article lives here

aaaaand i just looked up flights/hotels to venice.  if they announce that in the lineup in July, i'm going to seriously consider going to Italy for a week.  tell me i'm not the only one? 

Keep your money:

Venice awash with U.S., U.K. films

ROME -- Wes Anderson's "The Darjeeling Limited" and "It's a Free World" from Ken Loach are among the 21 films to screen in competition at the upcoming Venice Film Festival dominated by English-language films.

A total 22 of the 57 new full-length films screening in and out of competition in Venice are produced or co-produced in the U.S. and the U.K., according to a lineup announced Thursday by festival organizers.

Other English-language films set to screen include "Redacted" from Brian De Palma and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" from Andrew Dominik and starring Brad Pitt.

The festival's lineup will also have a typically strong Asian presence, with "The Sun Also Rises" from Jiang Wen -- a China-Hong Kong co-production -- and Japan's "Sukiyaki Western Django" from Takashi Miike among the competition's highlights.

64th Venice Film Festival lineup:

Opening film: "Atonement," Joe Wright, (U.K.-U.S.)

In Competition

"The Darjeeling Limited," Wes Anderson (U.S.)
"Sleuth," Kenneth Branagh (U.K.-U.S.)
"Le Chaos," Youssef Chahine (Egypt)
"Redacted," Brian De Palma (U.S.)
"The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," Andrew Dominik (U.S.)
"Nessuna qualita agli eroi," Paolo Franchi (Italy)
"Michael Clayton," Tony Gilroy (U.S.)
"Nightwatching," Peter Greenaway (Canada-France-Germany-Poland-Netherlands-U.K.)
"En la cuidad de Sylvia," Pilae Lopez De Ayala, Xavier Lafitte (Spain)
"In the Valley of Elah," Paul Haggis (U.S.)
"I'm Not There," Todd Haynes (U.S)
"The Sun Also Rises," Jiang Wen (China-Hong Kong)
"Help Me Eros," Lee Kang Sheng (Taiwan)
"La Graine et le mullet," Abdellatif Kechiche (France)
"Lust, Caution," Ang Lee (Taiwan)
"It's a Free World," Ken Loach (U.K.-Italy-Germany-Spain)
"L'ora di punta," Vincenzo Marra (Italy)
"Sukiyaki Western Django," Takashi Miike (Japan)
"12," Nikita Mikhalkov (Russia)
"Il dolce e l'amaro," Andrea Porporati (Italy)
"Les Amours d'Astree et de Celadon," Eric Rohmer (France-Italy-Spain)

Out Of Competition

"Cassandra's Dream," Woody Allen (U.K.-U.S)
"Cleopatra," Julio Bressane (Brazil)
"La Fille coupee en deux," Claude Chabrol (France)
"Beyond the Years," Im Kwopn Taek (South Korea)
"Glory to the Filmmaker," Takeshi Kitano (Japan)
"Cristovao Colombo -- O enigma," (Portugal-France)

Venetian Nights

"For a Fistful of Dollars," Sergio Leone (Italy-Spain-Germany)
"Blood Brothers," Alexi Tan (Taiwan-China-Hong Kong)
"REC," Paco Blaza and Jaume Balaguero (Spain)
"Far North," Asif Kapadia (U.K.-France)
"The Hunting Party," Richard Shepard (U.S.-Croatia-Bosnia)
"The Nanny Diaries," Shari Springer Berman, Robert Pulcini (U.S.)
"Nocturna," Adria Garcia, Victor Maldonado (Spain, France)

Horizons

"Sad Vacation," Shinji Aoyama (Japan)
"Mal nascida," Joao Canijo (Portugal)
"Searchers 2.0," Alex Cox (U.K.)
"Medee Miracle," Tonino De Bernardi (Italy)
"Cochochi," Laura Amelia Guzman, Israel Cardenas (Mexico-U.K.-Canada)
"With the Girl of Black Soil," Jeon Soo-il (South Korea-France)
"L'Histoire de Richard O," Damien Odoul (France)
"Autumn Ball," Veiko Ounpuu (Estonia)
"The Silence Before Bach," Pere Portabella (Spain)
"Exodus," Penny Woolcock (U.K.)
"The Obscure," Lu Yue (China)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Script Review:

http://www.theoscarigloo.com/2007/articles/therewillbeblood.html

Expect a film with mesmerizing imagery. Director Paul Thomas Anderson seems intent on creating iconic images for the modern age. In my opinion, the best way to describe the essence of this film is that it will be Kubrickian. For those Anderson fans who've been waiting for five years, the trademarks remain intact -- the camera follows characters in long-sustained shots, there are scenes of intense emotion, and by God there will be blood. I would not call the material overtly violent, but nonetheless the deaths and murders that the script describes are both horrifying in their graphic rawness and their dark intention. This picture will be a harrowing experience, and not just in its visuals.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

The Red Vine

Entertainment Weekly.

After finishing Punch-Drunk Love in 2002, Boogie Nights director Paul Thomas Anderson found himself fumbling for a follow-up. ''I was really sick of the way I was writing,'' he says. ''Everything looked as though I had written it, and that was a horrible feeling.'' Purely as an exercise, Anderson decided to adapt a scene from a novel he had just discovered: Oil!, Upton Sinclair's 1927 take on the grueling, greedy business of prospecting for black gold in California. ''It was a buoy, just to keep writing,'' says the director. ''I didn't think I would end up adapting the [whole] book, but it turned out that way.''

And so out trickled Blood, which hews close to the first 100 pages of Sinclair's book before going its own way as it tracks the relationship between a silver miner-turned-oilman (Daniel Day-Lewis, who was interested after reading only half the script) and his son (Dillion Freasier). Shooting took place last summer in the remote desert terrain of Marfa, Tex., because, as producer Joanne Sellar explains, ''you can't find old California in California anymore.'' An 80-foot oil derrick was built and filled with fake oil that, according to Anderson, includes ''the stuff they put in chocolate milkshakes at McDonald's.'' The director thinks Blood has helped revitalize his creative process. ''I'm writing something new now — and I actually like it,'' he says. Then, with a chuckle: ''I know that will end.''
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

bonanzataz

gotta admit to you guys...

i wasn't really excited about this movie til now. that post gave me chills.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

The Red Vine

Quote from: bonanzataz on August 19, 2007, 02:02:42 PM
gotta admit to you guys...

i wasn't really excited about this movie til now. that post gave me chills.

Right, because no article about TWBB should be posted on this site. Goddamn you.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Stefen

It still doesn't feel like something he would do. Neither did PDL, I guess.

I wonder if he will find a way to have his "PTA" comedic scenes in this flick. That could ruin it?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Pubrick on August 19, 2007, 05:27:58 PM
what? i thought he was being serious.

i was.

firstly, i love that he's so excited about the prospect of doing something totally different. his enthusiasm rubbed off on me. secondly, there's an article in EW. this movie is now officially real. even after seeing the preview and reading other articles, it never felt like the movie was actually happening (and i didn't really like the trailer, an opinion i kept to myself when you guys were jizzing all over yourselves cuz i knew i'd get flamed). now they're actually making an effort to create a buzz in magazines and shit. a new pta movie is coming out. i almost wasn't really giving a shit until now for some reason.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

yeah, i thought so.

and let me be the first to overrate this:

Quote from: The Red Vine on August 19, 2007, 01:09:41 PM
''I'm writing something new now — and I actually like it,'' he says.

there will be who? this new one is where is at. let the madness begin! i hear it'll be scoreless..
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

I wanna earn enough money I can get away from everyone!  :shock:

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pubrick on August 20, 2007, 04:58:25 AM
there will be who? this new one is where is at. let the madness begin! i hear it'll be scoreless wordless imageless three hours of humming..

The Red Vine

My apologies then. The comment struck me as very smart-ass. And of course I was eagerly awaiting P's response.

Glad taz is excited about the film.