TWBB DVD

Started by MacGuffin, February 19, 2008, 02:28:24 PM

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Redlum on February 22, 2008, 06:00:08 PM

The HD-DVD might be up in the air now, however.

The two-disc edition cover is pure class.
Si

tpfkabi

Quote from: Sleepless on February 19, 2008, 04:25:58 PM
It could be worse:

Alternate "I Drink Your Milkshake" artwork pre-font:

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

edison

That 2-disc is beautiful......but it'll change to have awards info spashed all over it.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: edison on February 22, 2008, 06:44:15 PM
That 2-disc is beautiful......but it'll change to have awards info spashed all over it.
Well, we can pray that it won't get any awards, then it won't have any totally awesome info that sleepless posted about.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

last days of gerry the elephant

Come on Blu-Ray release...

cine

that 2 disc is almost criterion-esque. great shit.. but what the HELL is going to be on it?

kassius

I like the cover better than the straight shot of Daniel's face but still... I wish they went with something more clean like this:

Of course, remove coming soon. duh. BUT still, I like that look much better. Reminds me of the Magnolia 2-Disc DVD box cover. Not a whole lot going on but I liked it.

There Will Be Blood Coming to Blu-ray

Posted February 26, 2008 10:59 AM by Josh

Paramount A trailer for the Oscar Award-winning film 'There Will Be Blood' has shown up on the HiHD website. The film, which is distributed by Paramount, may be the first film to see Blu-ray release since the studio announced they would once again release their films on the high definition format. Nothing official has come from the studio, but being that Sony, Disney, and Fox operate HiHD, a press release should be forthcoming.

No specs have been announced, but one should expect extras to mirror that of the DVD release, which includes additional scenes, There Will Be Blood - Pics, Research, Etc, and the featurettes "The Story of Petroleum" and "Dailies Gone Wild".

Source: Blu-ray.com

http://www.hollywoodinhidef.com/

--

FUCK YEAH!

Pozer

that's it, im buyin one today.

modage

yeah i was thinking i'd get a player when this came out.  this will be my first blu-ray.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

depooter

stay tuned. we should know for sure by March 4th as Paramount currently has an embargo on DVD/BD announcements.

Quote from: modage on February 26, 2008, 01:50:15 PM
yeah i was thinking i'd get a player when this came out.  this will be my first blu-ray.

mine too!
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Paramount has just officially reconfirmed that There Will Be Blood will be released on DVD on 4/8. The studio had originally set the DVD and HD-DVD versions for release on 4/8, but then the title was pulled from the Paramount Home Entertainment online press database. Just today, however, it's been added back into the system in the following configurations: single-disc widescreen DVD, 2-disc widescreen Collector's Edition DVD and 2-disc Collector's Edition "HD". Since the studio has already confirmed that today's HD-DVD releases (Things We Lost in the Fire, Into the Wild and Bee Movie) are its last, the new "HD" listing for There Will Be Blood can mean only one of two things: Either it's the studio's first newly announced Blu-ray (possible, but we think somewhat unlikely), or this is simply error - an HD-DVD title that hasn't yet been cleaned out of the database. When I tried contacting the studio this morning, per usual these past few weeks, I was unable to speak with anyone who could confirm anything either way. We'll keep trying, but in the meantime, you CAN at least expect the DVDs on 4/8. And according to what little detail was available on the press site, the 2-disc Collector's Edition DVD will include some 15 minutes worth of deleted scenes, at least 3 featurettes (The Story of Petroleum, There Will Be Blood - Pics, Research, Etc and Dailies Gone Wild), trailers and more. Here's the cover art for both DVD versions (the 2-disc version is on the left)...

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

That is the worst cover, but for once I don't care one bit. It could be a plain white cover and I won't care... I'm so happy with this confirmation (for what it's worth so far).

On a side note, this picture confuses me from Amazon.com

If you get to pick which DVD cover you want, I think the teaser poster one would be ideal.