Zathura

Started by edison, December 09, 2004, 11:04:14 AM

edison

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/zathura/

The movie's based on the Chris Van Allsburg novel of the same name, telling the story of two brothers who are thrown into an intergalactic adventure after their house is hurtled through space. It stars Tim Robbins, Dax Shepard, and Kristen Stewart and is under director Jon Favreau with a script by David Koepp and John Kamps.

The Obstruction

It sounds like a good alternative to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy if that one should fail, also Tim Robins are a good actor especially in movies like this one sounds too be, so i might just go see this one anyway.

"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

modage

TRAILER HERE: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/zathura/

this looks good, and as my girlfriend pointed out 'just like the book'.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

well this really lit the world on fire huh?  i thought it looked pretty good but it wasnt really all that good.  i'm not quite sold on favreau as a director & a storyteller.  i REALLY admire his intentions regarding certain things like doing the special effects practically and not relying on CG and having kids be more like real kids using minor curses like 'suck', 'dick' and 'biotch' (not together though).  or the bits of Rankin Bass animation stuff in Elf, BUT when it comes to the finished product i'm not so happy with the results.  certain things you take for granted in other crappier films just dont seem to be there in favreaus.  so i guess i can see where this was not a huge success.  it was average.  and though i havent seen it in years i'm pretty sure Jumanji was better.  sorry Favs.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.