Arrested Development

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 24, 2004, 12:25:59 AM

72teeth

Good, it looks like she's playing a nut and not a "norm."
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Ravi

Monday's season premiere was hilarious.  Arrested Development in top form. I hope this isn't the last season  :?

modage

ratings were BAD.  it came in FIFTH only beating UPN.  even WB beat it.  it was great, but i noticed that because there was so much catching up to do (from all the loose threads of last seasons finale) it sped through so many things that anyone watching for the first time would've been like "what the fuck?" (more than usual).  but apparently we don't have to worry about that cause even after all their efforts, nobody new was watching.  FUCK.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Well Fox has condemned it with this shitty new night. So low ratings should be no surprise.

"That's not a ...VOLvo.."

"Now I'm going to reek of tuna melt."
WWPTAD?

JG

my favorite scene was when michael  said to lucille, something like, "Maybe you should go up to the cabin with somone."

Lucille:  "Who's gonna wanna go in those old musty flap traps?"

Then there was an akward pause for like 3 seconds and Michael says, "You mean the cabin."  

Classic.  Best show ever, in my opinion

Ravi

Quote from: modageratings were BAD.  it came in FIFTH only beating UPN.  even WB beat it.  it was great, but i noticed that because there was so much catching up to do (from all the loose threads of last seasons finale) it sped through so many things that anyone watching for the first time would've been like "what the fuck?" (more than usual).  but apparently we don't have to worry about that cause even after all their efforts, nobody new was watching.  FUCK.

People suck.  They'd rather watch Two and a Half Men or Survivor.

modage

i'm pretty sure i saw Buster from AD walking out of Barnes and Noble tonite.  i almost shouted "BUSTER!" but restrained myself.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: JimmyGatorClassic.  Best show ever, in my opinion
let me guess, The Family Guy is second.
under the paving stones.

JG

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: JimmyGatorClassic.  Best show ever, in my opinion
let me guess, The Family Guy is second.

no.  i don't watch much TV but Curb would probably be the second.  not a big family guy fan.

Pubrick

i wasn't expecting that response.

in that case, Curb should be first. watch more Curb until u agree.
under the paving stones.

JG

why did you associate family guy with arrested development?  the shows aren't similar.  do you think the fans are?  

what exactly don't you like about arrested development?

Pubrick

Quote from: JimmyGatordo you think the fans are?
obviously.

Quote from: JimmyGatorwhat exactly don't you like about arrested development?
maybe u should read the rest of the thread, and also the subtitle to The Small Screen forum.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: GamblourFG fans are not AD fans.
anyone who thinks this is the best show ever suffers from the same mental deficiency as kids who say "Family Guy is the best animated show ever! LOL omg i'm so random SPLOINK"
under the paving stones.

JG

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: GamblourFG fans are not AD fans.
anyone who thinks this is the best show ever suffers from the same mental deficiency as kids who say "Family Guy is the best animated show ever! LOL omg i'm so random SPLOINK"
i get the impression that you like AD, you just think it's overrated.  I can respect that.  I disagree, but I can respect that.