Arrested Development

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 24, 2004, 12:25:59 AM

Pubrick

pretty shitty cover if u can't make out what's what.

and the blurb is ridiculous..
under the paving stones.

Pas

Once in the history of time comes a sitcom like Arrested Development ? what the fuck

72teeth

sounds made up, they're starting to use the fact that the majority doesn't watch them as one of their in jokes.

Anyone have the article that this was bliped from? M'guff?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

JG

don't e ven get me started--best show ever.

72teeth

Mini-Marathon on fox tonite @ 8:00
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

Theron books stint on Fox's 'Development'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Oscar winner Charlize Theron is set to add some star power to Fox's "Arrested Development" when its third season debuts next month. Theron has signed on to guest star in five episodes of the series, playing a British woman who becomes the love interest of "Development" star Jason Bateman. Theron will debut in the second "Development" episode of the season, following its Sept. 19 premiere. Theron earned her best actress Oscar last year for her portrayal of a serial killer in "Monster."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Geez, I hope AD doesn't start regularly using famous guest stars as a gimmick.  They already had Ben Stiller, Martin Short, a few others.  Carl Weathers is the best though.

Gamblour.

Even if it did, I don't think it could hit the rock bottom awfulness of Will and Grace and their celebrity usage (i think this sentence is worse than the critic's line on the season 2 cover)
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Friends, in its last few seasons, also had a lot of guest stars.  

W&G is what would be born if Bravo and E! had a baby.  They're both gay, I know, I know.  ESPN2 was the sperm donor.

modage

Quote from: RaviGeez, I hope AD doesn't start regularly using famous guest stars as a gimmick.  They already had Ben Stiller, Martin Short, a few others.  Carl Weathers is the best though.
umm, they've had a ton of people on already but as long as you don't watch the commercials PIMPing the gueststarts its not annoying because everyone seems to fit into the show so far and really go for it.  the only person that didn't seem to fit were ben stiller and martin short because they were a little more extreme than AD usually is, but still funny.   as long as it is serving the story and not like 'hey, i want to meet kevin bacon' and he shows up.  i'm glad they're keeping her on for a few episodes.  the ones about michaels girlfriends usually end up being best.  julia louise dreyfuss, heather graham, christine taylor, marta #1 & #2.  yeah, some of the best.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Yeah, they're generally pretty good about fitting the guest stars in.  Martin Mull was pretty good, so was Thomas Jane.  Henry Winkler's great in his recurring role.

Martin Short was just not funny.  But then again I'm not a fan of his shtick anyways.  I'm just glad he didn't play Jiminy Glick.

BTW, Marta 1 and 2 were famous?

Pubrick

Quote from: RaviBTW, Marta 1 and 2 were famous?
for ruining the show, yes.

random comment about curb: it's so good u don't even a big deal when they hav "guest stars", granted it's usually cos they play themselves but it's still the best guest appearances ever. not "oh look how cute, he has a new girlfriend, that lovable rascal! darn tootin". gina gershon's career highlight is now in The Survivor.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Chachi's "Development" Deal

Chachi is horning in on Fonzie's turf.

The Happy Days-obssessed masterminds of Arrested Development have tapped Scott Baio to take over as Bluth family lawyer this season, replacing Henry Winkler, who's heading off to his own series, CBS' Out of Practice.

"I just got the call on Friday," Baio tells E! Online TV columnist Kristin Veitch. "I play their attorney. I'm taking over for Barry Zuckerkorn. And I'm just here to represent the family in whatever's going on in this nutty show."

Baio's character will have some low standards to live down to. In Development's two seasons, Zuckerkorn (whose Website is BarryGood.biz) has managed to stay employed despite some utterly inept lawyering and potentially deviant behavior.

It's the second big casting coup in recent days. Last week, Fox announced that Oscar winner Charlize Theron would appear in five episodes as a British woman who becomes the love interest of Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman).

The Emmy-winning series kicks off its third season Sept. 19 in a new time slot, 8 p.m. on Mondays. Theron will make her debut in the second episode; Baio will make his grand entrance the following week. So far, he's only signed for a one-off appearance.

Winkler (who in a wink to his Fonzified past, literally jumped a shark last season) costars with Stockard Channing as divorced doctors in CBS' Out of the Closet. The series premieres Sept. 15.

Baio's big break came as Fonzie's cousin Charles "Chachi" Arcola in the 1977 season of ABC's Happy Days. He eventually fell for Joanie Cunningham (Erin Moran), got a spinoff (Joanie Loves Chachi) and returned in time for Happy Days' final season in 1984, which ended with Joanie and Chachi getting hitched. In the intervening years he's mostly been relegated to TV movies and guest-starring roles. Baio's last series was supposed to be the 1997 Fox sitcom Rewind, but it was scrapped before it even made it to air.

Most recently he appeared as himself in the werewolf flick Cursed and joined the rest of the Happy Days campers for an ABC reunion special.

Arrested Development's Happy Days roots run deep. Aside from Winkler and Baio, erstwhile Richie Cunningham Ron Howard produces the show through his Imagine Entertainment and also serves as the series' narrator.

"We're thrilled to have Chachi here," cracks Will Arnett (Gob Bluth). "I'm hoping Pat Morita is next."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

yeah i was wondering how winklers cbs show was going to affect his role here.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison