Arrested Development

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 24, 2004, 12:25:59 AM

polkablues

Quote from: bigideas on January 04, 2006, 10:25:31 PM
wasn't there a show recently that advertised 3-D and had glass in TV Guide?

"Medium".  It wasn't as funny.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

modage

i knew it wasnt quite right this season and i couldnt put my finger on why, but here it is in black and white...

Quote from: Alia Shawkat
The writers from season 2 quit because they had to work such crazy hours. And now we just got a fresh batch of young writers who work some god awful hours.

new writers.  fuuck.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Redlum

Odd that new writers would bring about the most self-referential season with the most in-jokes and jokes about in-jokes.

I re-watched some of the early season two episodes, and as much as I love the new season (there's just so much stuff - Wee-Britain seems like ages ago), you cant beat episodes like the Christmas party (come on!) and the 'Tobias's balls for Iraq landscape'.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Tictacbk

Two episodes of House tonight....great.  Fox's stupid website said New Episode of Arrested Development Tonight! for half of today.  But alas, its not on, and no one seems to know when the last 4 episodes will be on.  No wonder no one watches this show.  I fucking love the show and i can't figure out when its on.

modage

the latest EW says...
"Proof there's a (comedy) God: ABC and Showtime have made offers to air a fourth season of our favorite endangered sitcom."

so unless it's a misprint that the producers are in talks with them, the networks seem to have made offers which = AWESOME.  i dont care where it ends up, either could be great.  they need to get another season and hire season 1 & 2 writers back at ANY COST.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: modage on January 13, 2006, 02:13:57 PM
they need to get another season and hire season 1 & 2 writers back at ANY COST.

Who do we want?

Abraham Higginbotham and Barbie Adler!

When do we want them?

NOW!

modage

'Arrested': There's more
Source: http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/

I just got a press release from Fox announcing a "two-hour season finale" of Arrested Development will air Feb. 10. The expanded episode will feature guest appearances by '80s greats Judge Reinhold and Justine Bateman, who plays Nellie Bluth, Michael's possible long-lost sister.

Nowhere on the release does it say this is the last episode of the series; it only refers to the special as a season finale. Could this mean there's still hope? Perhaps if enough people watch, it'll send the network a message.

abuck1220

wow, a two hour episode is going to really pull in those casual viewers who may eventually become interested in the show. it's like they don't want any new viewers. i'm surprised they didn't slide it into a 2 am christmas eve slot.

Ravi

It would be really funny if they hyped up Justine Bateman and Judge Reinhold's appearances on the show.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Ravi on January 16, 2006, 04:18:53 AM
It would be really funny if they hyped up Justine Bateman and Judge Reinhold's appearances on the show.

You mean through marketing on Fox? Now that's funny.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Funnier than the show itself.

modage

more confirmation/elaboration...

Is this Arrested's Swan Song?
Source: Variety January 16, 2006

Arrested Development will wrap its third -- and likely last -- season on Fox next month with a two-hour swan song slated to air opposite the Opening Ceremony of the Winter Olympics.

Variety says Fox has decided to package four episodes of "Arrested" and air them as a two-hour season finale from 8-10 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 10, replacing the network's usual lineup of Malcolm in the Middle, Bernie Mac and Trading Spouses.

Justine Bateman and Judge Reinhold have filmed guest shots for the finale, with the former playing Nellie Bluth, the long-lost sister of Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman).

Scheduling the broadcast opposite the first night of the Olympics sends another strong signal that the Fox has given up any hope of reviving the show. Late last year, Fox decided to reduce the "Arrested" third-season episode order to 13.

Both ABC and Showtime have offered to pick up "Arrested" from producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine Television, but talks have apparently cooled as creator Mitch Hurwitz wraps post-production on the final four episodes.

mitch!  what the hell are you doing!  dont let talks cool.  wrap talks then worry about final episodes cause they wont be final!

edit: also, NO GERVAIS?!?  after the network agreed to pay for him!?

polkablues

Quote from: modage on January 16, 2006, 10:33:13 AM
Malcolm in the Middle, Bernie Mac and Trading Spouses.

Just to put things in perspective: ALL of these shows are outliving "Arrested Development".
My house, my rules, my coffee