The NO INSERT Posse

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 27, 2003, 05:11:36 PM

NEON MERCURY

Here so far OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD  is a lists of DVDs without inserts:
1.25th hour
2.Frailty
3.The Pianist

be forwarned when purchasing and if you know of more feel free to caution others thank you    8)

MacGuffin

Quote1.25th hour

Disney is starting to do this. "The Recruit" didn't have one either.

Quote2.Frailty

Lions Gate is known for this ("O," "Monster's Ball"). If it has the chapter listing on the back cover, it will not include one inside.

Quote3.The Pianist

"Far From Heaven" didn't have one either. Focus Films seems to be going the same direction as Lions Gate. So thank you, neighbors to the north. The Canadian 3 disc set of "The Pianist" is b-e-a-utiful. Cover art and packaging are so much better than the American release (no flipping the disc).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MrBurgerKing

I bought the 3 disc Pianist from a canadian retailer. Looks like one helluva set. Reminds me of going to another country and eating their burgers, realizing that it's much better than its' american counterpart. Actually, all the foreign burger kings I've eaten at were absolutely terrible.

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffinSo thank you, neighbors to the north.

any time.

godardian

So... this means I should buy the Canadian version, not the U.S. version? It's still Region I, correct?

Also, I didn't really feel cheated when Far from Heaven didn't have an insert, because it had an extraordinary amount of extra material on the disc itself, which I value more highly. Can't speak to any of the others mentioned...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianSo... this means I should buy the Canadian version, not the U.S. version? It's still Region I, correct?

Yes, still plays on Region 1 DVD players. Each disc comes in it's own thin case. Think Criterion "Brazil" set, but with slim cases.

* "Story Of Survival" featurette
* 3-Disc Set
* Bonus Audio Tracks from the Sony Classical CD Soundtrack
* Bonus CD: Original CD Soundtrack
* Director's Note
* Filmographies
* Photo Gallery
* Poster Gallery
* Production Diary
* Q and A with Roman Polanski
* Soundtrack spot
* Television Spots including Adrien Brody Interview Segments
* The Warsaw Ghetto: Historical Background
* Theatrical Trailers
* Wladyslaw Szpilman Biography
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

did anybody else find the adaptation "insert" brilliant?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

aclockworkjj

Quote from: bonanzatazdid anybody else find the adaptation "insert" brilliant?

I sure didn't find any brilliant special features....dicks....am I uninformed and is there a special edition on it's way?  (Please redirect this if I missed something or it has been answered, but I don't really feel like looking at the moment...)

modage

hmm... whats interesting about the PIANIST DVD is that i was up at my local VIDEO WAREHOUSE (crap) and was shocked to see the cool version of the dvd.  so shocked i opened up the case to which had a fold-out (not seperate ones like brazil) and only 2 disc holders.  it also didnt indicate the soundtrack on the cover like the 3 disc was.  but it certainly was not the hideous Adrien PHOTOSHOP cover.  i will have to look into this.  how many fucking versions of this thing are out there anyway? i didnt even know there was an option for other ones till today.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02hmm... whats interesting about the PIANIST DVD is that i was up at my local VIDEO WAREHOUSE (crap) and was shocked to see the cool version of the dvd.  so shocked i opened up the case to which had a fold-out (not seperate ones like brazil) and only 2 disc holders.  it also didnt indicate the soundtrack on the cover like the 3 disc was.  but it certainly was not the hideous Adrien PHOTOSHOP cover.  i will have to look into this.  how many fucking versions of this thing are out there anyway? i didnt even know there was an option for other ones till today.
Was probably this 2-disc one:

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

YES! exactly.  so i know i am not crazy.  is that one available US?  i looked online at www.alldvdprices.com and www.amazon.com for any traces of this version but couldnt find any.  the only place i saw that it existed was www.ebay.com
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02YES! exactly.  so i know i am not crazy.  is that one available US?

Not that I know of since it's a Canadian release. I had to go to DVD Soon to get mine. Thanks, Dirk.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quotedid anybody else find the adaptation "insert" brilliant?

I got that insert too. My friend got Adaptation yesterday and his did not have the insert in it.

My insert reads:

From the desk of...
Robert Stephenson

Clair... Please use a DVD case without these clips. We don't have anything to clip in. Can you find out about pricing and a time frame for this?

Thanks,
Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone not get this insert in their Adaptation dvd?

chris

bonanzataz

ooh, i see. not everybody got it. lucky me.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Dirk

Quote from: MacGuffinThanks, Dirk.

No problem  8)

QuoteMy insert reads:

From the desk of...
Robert Stephenson

Clair... Please use a DVD case without these clips. We don't have anything to clip in. Can you find out about pricing and a time frame for this?

Thanks,
Bob

QuoteAnyone not get this insert in their Adaptation dvd?

No, I didn't get the above insert. It seems a tad bit odd.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.