Royalty-free video

Started by BonBon85, August 31, 2003, 12:35:19 PM

BonBon85

Does anyone know where I can find a site with free footage I can download and use without having to worry about copyrights? I'm not even looking for a particular video, just a site with a bunch of random ones. I've been searching forever and all I can find are sites that want you to order stock footage collections on videos or cds.

aclockworkjj

yeah, pretty much everything out there is gonna cost you an arm and a leg.  Quickly searching for something, I found nothing.   I had to do a project once compiled of nothing but found footage.  Check out flea market type places, it's amzing what kinda dumb shit you can find.  I scored a whole box of old 16mm films for like $40.  I am sure videos are even been abundant.  Look for home video type things, obviously, you don't want to use the entire "Jones Family", but you can find some good stuff...aside from family reunions.

Jeremy Blackman

Try archive.org, though it's mostly old commercials and propaganda films (still fun stuff).

BonBon85

That site is a lot better than anything I expected. Thanks so much Jeremy.

ReelHotGames

Jeremy - you aren't by any chance a san fransisco bay area filmie? They just had an article about this very site archive.org in the paper today!

Invaluable stuff.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: michael alessandroJeremy - you aren't by any chance a san fransisco bay area filmie?

Nope.

Oh, download "My Japan"... "Duck and Cover"... and especially "Freedom Comes High"...

ReelHotGames

Don't forget "Perversion for Profit" and "molly grows up" (Molly begins to menstruate) A touching ed. film for those girls out there curious what they're bodies are going through.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm