¿...Brad Pitt dissin' Darren...? (Aronofsky)

Started by Tommy Both, January 09, 2003, 05:18:41 AM

Tommy Both

One thing still isn't really clear to me: why the fuck did Brad, who seems like a really nice guy, leave Darren's project in AussieLand???
I know it was about the script & all. . . but don't we guys have some juicy details about the whole issue???

BRAD
I mean, come on Darren, that's like such a bunch of BULL...!
These changes were never discussed!

DARREN
Yeah I know Brad, but come on, we ALL benefit from it, you know?!
We also never "discussed" about the fact that your WIFE is a louzy actress, so what the fuck are you talkin' about "discussion"??

[/b]

Duck Sauce

Quote from: tommy_bothBrad, who seems like a really nice guy

Looks can be deceiving.... I wish we knew the story but IMO Brad Pitt is a dick. Darren may never get another movie made...

Xixax

Quote from: Duck SauceDarren may never get another movie made...
Highly, highly unlikely.

Hollywood is very forgiving. Directors create a lot of crap, but they always seem to find more work.

I'm sure the guy from "Waterworld" is still working. A quick IMDB scan could confirm that.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

budgie

I don't know if this is related, but a friend (not Brad, mind) told me that he missed Jen and so left a movie to be with her, thus quashing rumours of their marriage being on the rocks.

MacGuffin

Looks like Brad has moved on:

Brad Pitt is set to produce and possibly star in THE MADMAN OF ALCATRAZ, a retelling of the classic BIRDMAN OF ALCATRAZ that won Burt Lancaster an Oscar nomination for the title role. Vanity Fair journalist Ned Zeman will write the script on research he's done that he claims shows the real-life character as not the sympathetic character of BIRDMAN but a manipulative sociopath. The project is currently set up at Warner Bros for whom Pitt will work for next on the Wolfgang Petersen epic TROY. The "Birdman," actually convicted murderer Robert Straud, was supposedly reformed by his newfound love for birds that led to him becoming an expert on the issue. Whether or not his love was sincere has been a topic of debate. The Pitt film would follow the relationship between Stroud and his Alcatraz psychiatrist.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

{groan} I hate it when he does his 'crazy' act. He totally ruined Twelve Monkeys, and that episode of Friends was a disgrace. He'd better have a fucking good director and writer or it'll be shameworthy. I like the premise, though, and always loved the Birdman of Alcatraz, so here's hoping someone takes him by the balls and knocks his mannerisms out of him or knows how to use them like Fincher.

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteI hate it when he does his 'crazy' act. He totally ruined Twelve Monkeys

tsc tsc tsc..... he was one of the greatest things in that great movie. I'll even go as far as telling you he's one of the greatest actors of his generation. Of course, that's always dubious, but damn it, I'm ready for a debate on the subject...
Si

budgie

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum
QuoteI hate it when he does his 'crazy' act. He totally ruined Twelve Monkeys

tsc tsc tsc..... he was one of the greatest things in that great movie. I'll even go as far as telling you he's one of the greatest actors of his generation. Of course, that's always dubious, but damn it, I'm ready for a debate on the subject...

Yeah? Go on then...

First up... he's got a hang up about his looks. They've held him back and he's spent his career trying to convince us he's not abnormally beautiful. This has resulted in him either trying painfully and visibly hard not to be overly charismatic (Interview With The Vampire, Meet Joe Black, Seven Years in Tibet) or similarly visibly to be abnormal in other ways (Twelve Monkeys being the prime example). The only film of his I have seen him be a total success in is Fight Club, and I attribute that to a) perfect casting (ie No one else could have played Tyler) and b) David Fincher. However, even in Seven I find him mannered, and his lack of real ability is made clear when you see the original ending for Seven, which used a mid-shot of his reaction to Doe and which was embarrassingly inadequate and false. All the power in his performance in the film now comes from an extreme close-up of part of his face.

I don't think he is unusual in needing to rely upon the film he's in, the director or his co-stars to produce a good performance, but that doesn't make him an exceptional actor, just a big star. I haven't got a problem with that and enjoy him for what he is. I do cringe, though, cause he so often looks like he's trying so bloody hard.

Duck Sauce

My fascination (non sexual) with Brad Pitt has wore out its welcome. Sometimes he seems like he is an athlete on SNL when he is acting, ie its bad. Sometimes he is cool, but I dont think he is a great actor and agree with what Budgie is saying. I was hoping somebody like Joaquin Phoenix would replace him in the fountain, but maybe studios dont feel hes a big enough name.

©brad

I think Brad is a good actor. This is what happens to the actors that have so much sex appeal that you don't think of them as good actors- Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz- I think they are all great, but their talent as actors is sometimes overshadowed or ignored by their looks.

Brad Pitt's best performance was in Thelma and Louise.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4dI think Brad is a good actor. This is what happens to the actors that have so much sex appeal that you don't think of them as good actors- Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz- I think they are all great, but their talent as actors is sometimes overshadowed or ignored by their looks.

True, and I think Johnny Depp has done a wonderful job of finding great projects that don't cater to his good looks.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tommy Both

Quote from: cbrad4dBrad Pitt's best performance was in Thelma and Louise.

I think it's in True Romance / and Snatch too, that shit was all funny, I hope he'll do a really good comedy some day.. 'cause that Mexican was afwull...

billybrown

This from Aronofsky.net... finally some good news about his next film...

Fountain Flows!

March 4, 2004: And we're back! We end our draught of Aronofsky news with the fantastic word that we may soon get see Aronofsky's ...

THE FOUNTAIN.
Word first slipped during the Golden Globes, when Ellen Burstyn let out that she would be filming Aronofsky's The Fountain--a project long thought dead. Although nothing official came out, until Variety reported last week that Hugh Jackman (X-Men) was eyeing the main character's role (once to star Brad Pitt, before he dropped out and the project collapsed.).

The project will reportedly be budgeted between $35-$40 million dollars, as opposed to the $70 million it was once going to carry back when Pitt was attatched.

Darren Aronofsky Online has long been hearing that Aronofsky was discreetly attempting to shave the movie's budget and find a star, in order to save the troubled film. We've been told that, a few months back, Tom Cruise was one of the latest stars to be offered and refuse the lead.

Hopefully Aronofsky can finally make the film he has dreamed about. For those unaware, The Fountain is Aronofsky's scifi epic, which is expected to also star Cate Blanchett, Ellen Burstyn, and Sean Gullette.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

socketlevel

Quote from: billybrownThe project will reportedly be budgeted between $35-$40 million dollars, as opposed to the $70 million it was once going to carry back when Pitt was attatched.

so basically the movie will look the same as it would before pitt left.  i'm sure at least 20 mil of those dollars would have gone to him.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...