best movie company logo (updated)

Started by Jack Sparrow, August 30, 2003, 03:18:14 PM

Jack Sparrow

pick your favorite and explain why...

Dirk

Dreamworks because it's the prettiest.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Pedro

Quote from: DirkDreamworks because it's the prettiest.
I agree.

Sleuth

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: DirkDreamworks because it's the prettiest.
I agree.

Well damn, I could have had the first response here but I didn't think I would make a good argument for Dreamworks.  I agree, though, yeah, totally.
I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

Lion's Gate is my favorite. It has a gritty, handmade optical feel that I like. Feels like something from the seventies. Also, it's often followed by a very good movie.

EL__SCORCHO

I like the New Line logo because of the black and blue, and it's pretty simple. What about Pixar? I love that thing with the little lamp jumping around.

Pedro

Now that I think about it...I dig miramax's the best.

Duck Sauce

Bud_Clay

Universal:  I really like the look of the stars and planet.  Just feels like a good beginning to a film.  MGM also does that well.

For the record I think the dreamworks logo is the lamest one...With that fucking kid fishing?  Come on.

Pas

I like the Columbia one, with all the pritty pritty clouds ... it's nice.

Original idea for a topic, by the way.

Gamblour.

Dreamworks is pretty, but Columbia, I dunno, has a strange appeal to me, ever since Ghostbusters, with that loud ass opening music for the movie, and the stone lion, used to scare the shit out of me as a kid.
WWPTAD?

The Silver Bullet

I voted for New Line.
It just feels nice and clean to me.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

picolas

20th Century just reaks of cinema.. it's classic. although i like the simplicity of the New Line. and Dreamworks looks the nicest in motion. i love the current Miramax as well.. i'm indecisive is what i am.

Jeremy Blackman

New Line, because it reminds me of Magnolia.

Mandalay is nice:

Raikus

Dreamworks, because every time I see it I'm reminded of Jurassic Park the game when the fisher boy "catches" a raptor.

"Hey, I got one!"

*yank*

"Ahhhhh!!!"

(sounds of raptors tearing flesh from bone)
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.