Peep Show

Started by Bruce Lee, March 28, 2005, 10:28:33 AM

Pubrick

i can't access from this country. so fuck that pledge.
under the paving stones.

picolas

yeah. hulu: :yabbse-angry:

you can watch it on youtube but the aspect ratio is fucked... or just torrent.

polkablues

All right, all you Peep Show fans who either reside in the US or have figured out one of the many ways to access Hulu content from outside the US, the first season of David Mitchell and Robert Webb's sketch series, That Mitchell and Webb Look, is available to watch on Hulu right now, and it's good shit, so you should get on that.  The show is currently airing its fourth season in the UK, so this gives you a chance to find out what you've been missing, then torrent the shit out of the rest of the episodes like I did.

http://www.hulu.com/that-mitchell-and-webb-look

Here's a handful of sketches to sample:
Lager Beer

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on August 16, 2010, 02:25:21 AM
one of the many ways to access Hulu content from outside the US

Name two.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: P on August 16, 2010, 05:19:56 AM
Quote from: polkablues on August 16, 2010, 02:25:21 AM
one of the many ways to access Hulu content from outside the US

Name two.

1. Virtual Private Network (example)

2. Firefox Modify Headers add-on (how-to)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This show is nothing short of brilliant.  I can't even imagine where the seventh season will go, but if the writing in the past is any indication, things will go from bad to worse. I'm hard-pressed to imagine any other show that nails despair and Murphy's Law quite like this show.  Anytime Mark or Jeremy try to better their situation, they dig themselves deeper into the hole they made by settling back in to bad habits or even just pure misfortune.

Jeremy Osborne: You can so tell this game is over a thousand years old.
Mark Corrigan: Yes, it's very sophisticated. It's your move.
Jeremy Osborne: I don't wanna play anymore.
Mark Corrigan: Because I'm winning?
Jeremy Osborne: No, not because you're win... I don't even know who's winning! Here, Mark, I'll tell you what, you piss in this bottle, I'll drink it.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

RegularKarate

Mitchell and Webb Look has been on Netflix Instant for over a year.

polkablues

Weird, I've never seen it on there.

diggler

i've never seen it on there either.

just blew through all six seasons, I can't believe it took me this long to watch it. It completely blows away any other comedy on today (and that's saying a lot). You can really judge a great show by how much you laugh out loud at it when you're watching by yourself. This show has those laughs in spades. I haven't seen much of Mitchell and Webb look but the few sketches posted above were pretty good.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pas

Show sounds awesome. I'll check it out when I get back high speed for sure.

RegularKarate

Yeah, Instant.  Look for it.
But the main point is that it's a good show.  It has it's ups and downs, but way more ups than most sketch shows and it has a lot of really hard laughs.

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 17, 2010, 10:54:43 AM
Yeah, Instant.  Look for it.
But the main point is that it's a good show.  It has it's ups and downs, but way more ups than most sketch shows and it has a lot of really hard laughs.

I agree. I would kill for the SNL writers to watch it and learn some lessons on how to structure a sketch.

modage

Series 7 premiere is online now.  Airs this Friday.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.