Tina Fey -- I love you

Started by SoNowThen, June 10, 2003, 10:25:33 AM

edison

Yes indeed, its the glasses, so sexy.

Moving on, the pretty much only thing i enjoy about SNL are the WU's. Fey and Fallon have great chemistry and its always sidesplitting watching them together.

©brad

just so i can join in on the convo, she was voted people's 50 most beautiful ppl.

SoNowThen

That's kick-ass. How is it that all of a sudden she's become a big-time celebrity. She's been cool and hot for years...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Mesh

SoNowThen

Maya Rudolph has a better body, and looks hot in the skits, but in everyday getup seems kinda not so great. Also, she possesses not the writing genius of Tina.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

tina fey and mya rudolph are proof that janine garofolo is a idiot

that whole thing about woman not being allowed to express themselves are bullshit, the reason jaine sucked on snl is because she has zero talent ZERO

i hate her with a passion, even before the war

everytime i ask people to explain to me why they are a fan of her comedy, they throw cliches around about how hollywood only uses waifs aND pretty people

but they never fucking say anything about JOKES !!!!!!!!!!!!! COMEDY HUMOR

ditto julia sweeny, no fucking talent what so ever

anyways maya rudolph is the best female ever in the history of SNL, and time will prove me right on this

she just needs the right film and she willl be a huge star

and tina fey is great, she wrote the christopher walken cornal angus skit which was a masterpeice

p.s pubrick i loves ya man but molly shannon  :(  say it aint so

SoNowThen

"so if anyone's lookin' for Enil Angus, you tell 'em to come to the back of Shady Thicket..."

classic

:oops: Tina :oops:

Ravi

You guys kidding?  SNL sucks these days!  Tina's cute and she's pretty funny on Conan, but the show stinks.  It can't be her fault since the show is so collaborative.

Quote from: SoNowThen"so if anyone's lookin' for Enil Angus, you tell 'em to come to the back of Shady Thicket..."

classic

:oops: Tina :oops:

one of the best skits ever, god bless you tina

smart and hot

godardian

If you read the Live from New York book, you get a lot more insight into the Garofalo-era situation than what's been posted here so far. Garofalo has called Tina Fey the salvation of SNL and acknowledges that things are much different now than when she was there. If you read the book, you'll get the tone of how things were in the early to mid nineties, when the show really did suck more often than not, and this is from many members of the cast, not just from her.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SoNowThen

Hey, cool, I wanna read this book...
Are there anymore like it?

Also, did anybody catch the documentary of behind the scenes at SNL? It was on about half a year ago, and gave a history timeline, and cut that with a "week in the life" of one of the newer shows. It was pretty sweet. Naturally, Tina was on it.

Quote from: godardianIf you read the Live from New York book, you get a lot more insight into the Garofalo-era situation than what's been posted here so far. Garofalo has called Tina Fey the salvation of SNL and acknowledges that things are much different now than when she was there. If you read the book, you'll get the tone of how things were in the early to mid nineties, when the show really did suck more often than not, and this is from many members of the cast, not just from her.

i own the book thank you, and what does that answer ?

she has no talent, with her its all image and zero substance

comedy substance, i dont care what books she has read or what bands she likes , i judge her by her abilty to be funny

the only thing about her that i agree with is the fact that she is self loathing and i loath her also

talent is talent cream does rise to the top, mya rudolph is not understood there and she still shines

look at what people say online about her, most people trash her and then they give props to seth myers

seth myers ??????? what the fuck how did he get his job

by the way i thought that era was great in many ways , and i am not alone in that opinion

you could check the pta dvd suggestion list and see best of SNL Adam sandler

janine garafolo went to lorne micheals and said that adam sandler should be kicked off the show

ahh no , didnt happen

by the way this is not a shallow view from me, because i am comedy nut

and i will say this take ellen degnerious, her politics and overall way of life make me ill, yet i will say she is one of the best stand up comics ever not best woman or best gay or best blonde

just overall great , a fucking pro

i could go into great detail about why she is a real comic , her sense of imagry her timing her wit her sarcasum, everything mesh's well

one of the best comics ever, so if i will admit that why would i not give janine props

and yes i would rather watch chris farley and adam sandler on snl then watch the ben stiller show on fox

SoNowThen

Yeah, I too love that era of SNL. But I hafta laugh when anyone tries to rag on the show, 'cause it's always the same old thing: "that show is so lame now, it used to be brilliant when _____ (insert Eddie Murphy era or Mike Myers era, or whatever's in vogue that week)". People have to face up to the fact that, overall, SNL is funny most of the time. Yes, they have skits that suck, yes sometimes a new cast takes a while to catch on, but overall you're gonna laugh more per viewing than almost any other comedy show on tv.

Also, you will get to see Tina. Until she makes a hit movie and moves on to bigger, shittier things...

Quote from: SoNowThenYeah, I too love that era of SNL. But I hafta laugh when anyone tries to rag on the show, 'cause it's always the same old thing: "that show is so lame now, it used to be brilliant when _____ (insert Eddie Murphy era or Mike Myers era, or whatever's in vogue that week)". People have to face up to the fact that, overall, SNL is funny most of the time. Yes, they have skits that suck, yes sometimes a new cast takes a while to catch on, but overall you're gonna laugh more per viewing than almost any other comedy show on tv.

Also, you will get to see Tina. Until she makes a hit movie and moves on to bigger, shittier things...

i think the molly shannon will ferrel cast took a long time to click, but by the end it started to work

the christopher walken " i need more cowbell" skit is a fucking masterpeice
and will ferrel pulled it off

but molly shannon i never found funny, only when she was playing monica lewinsky because i thought she was more or less playing herself

but that mary cathrine gallagher shit, i hated that fucking shit

norm mcdonald was the only one worth watching for a while during that era , but your right even then funny stuff came through