Tina Fey -- I love you

Started by SoNowThen, June 10, 2003, 10:25:33 AM

SoNowThen

Well, I don't know what it is, because I usually find most female comedians very unfunny, but she is fucking brilliant. Kudos to Tina for her head writer post at SNL, she certainly deserves it.

And as a side note, I usually like my women younger and blonder, but there is something about Tina... man... I find her hot. Sue me.

The Colonel Angus skit... hilarious...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

yeah she's great.

i think molly shannon is also hot.  :shock:
under the paving stones.

aclockworkjj

My old roommates found Tina hot too....never really understood it, bit to each their own....

Sleuth

She's okay I guess (on both accounts)
I like to hug dogs

chainsmoking insomniac

Tina Fey's one of my fave SNL members to date.  She's hot, she's witty, and a helluva good writer.  Kudos indeed!!!! :-D
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

SoNowThen

Yeah, I can barely understand it myself, but I love her. I was pretty choked when I heard she got married, 'cause I always fancied that when I finally made a film, and got a chance to mingle with some famous people, I would date her for a couple years. It'd be so much fun, she'd be making her sarcastic remarks and whatnot. Ahhh... to be young and dream...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

Best Weekend Update team in... well, maybe ever.

Fey is extremely smart and hilarious. I think Fey and Fallon are both swell, funny, and good-looking. Fallon loses it when he puts those damn cornrows on for that stupid pothead sketch, though. That one belongs to Sanz, anywas, I guess, though I never think it's particularly funny.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Please post a picture of her.

SoNowThen

Yeah, Fallon's great, too. What I like about that sketch is the DJ guy who wants to be British. That cracks me up.

SoNowThen

Yes, indeed. Does somebody have a few good pics?

Sleuth

Jimmy Fallon is awful.  The best WU anchor is NORM MACDONALD
I like to hug dogs

ono

I <3 Tina Fey, too.  She's just so funny, and sexy, and ahhh... *swoon*

Yes, anyway, she's married, so these pictures will have to do:

And I've always thought Fallon is the best anchor since, well, there's Norm.  But Dan Aykroid and Jane Curtain were the greatest.  Dennis Miller and Kevin Nealon weren't that bad, either, really.

SoNowThen

That middle pic is kinda nappy... maybe we should take that one out...

ono

Eh, I just wanted a headshot without her glasses.  I don't think that one looks that bad.

MacGuffin

Quote from: aclockworkjjMy old roommates found Tina hot too....never really understood it, bit to each their own....

It's the glasses.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks