Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

tpfkabi

they had all their singles on warchild, may still. haven't checked in a long time.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: modage on September 18, 2007, 09:44:11 AMthey were available on iTunes for a while.  don't tell me i'm crazy.

nme.com has a more updated news about this:

Radiohead lifts ban on download

Radiohead have finally made a deal to sell their albums digitally, and will do so through a British digital download service.

The band will sell full albums and previous single releases, as opposed to individual tracks, through 7digital.com, and the music will be available to customers the world over.

Two Radiohead albums 'OK Computer' and 'The Bends' were temporarily available on iTunes a number of years ago, while Thom Yorke's solo album 'The Eraser' is currently available as individual tracks on iTunes.

sickfins

new album?  10 days?  wait what?

www.radiohead.com

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

omg, so the new album will be out in 10 DAYS?!

This can't be right.

EDIT: Okay, it is right. And you can donate as much as you want for the download. It's up to you. Wow, this is going to get crazy.

The tracklist looks EXCELLENT. It ending with Videotape is PERFECT.

Here's a REALLY good live version of Videotape I uploaded. It's a fantastic song and a PERFECT album closer.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lfejtw

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Lucid on October 01, 2007, 03:12:57 AM
I wonder if "Up On The Ladder" was renamed and is being included on the album ("Reckoner"?  "Jigsaw Falling Into Place"?)

The only alternate title I've ever heard for Reckoner is Feeling Pulled Apart by Horses, so that's not it.

There is no font size big enough to contain how I feel right now!  I was having a shitty morning until this. 

Nude made the cut, contrary to rumors!  Reckoner!  It's a great day!

But the title needs some getting used to.

Pubrick

Quote from: just sparrow on October 01, 2007, 07:58:27 AM
But the title needs some getting used to.

yes, let's talk about that.

historically, pablo shit notwithstanding, radiohead album titles have been extremely insightful and a great encapsulation of the overall themes. this time i haven't at all listened to any of the tracks, except for Arpeggi like once, so i have no idea how "IN RAINBOWS" ties everything together.

i'm thinking EWS. but i always think EWS.
under the paving stones.

brockly

Quote from: just sparrow on October 01, 2007, 07:58:27 AMNude made the cut, contrary to rumors!

thank god, that and videotape are probably my favourite tracks of all the new shit. the tracklist is fantastic. theres about 4 songs on there i havent heard before, but from what i have heard (the first 5 tracks and videotape) im really happy with what did/didnt make the cut. 'bangers and mash' never really made an impression on me, im glad its not on there. 'down is the new up' is amazing but given the album title, it doesnt really belong.

and i can't fucking believe its being released in 10 days..! what was all that "no radiohead until 2008" bullshit? and its going to be available online for free on the day?!?! i love them.

tpfkabi

I wonder if "Up On The Ladder" was renamed and is being included on the album ("Reckoner"?  "Jigsaw Falling Into Place"?), given the photo that was posted on Dead Air Space recently.  Probably not.  As long as "Videotape" is on there I'm happy.  And after all these years, "Nude" finally made the cut!

Now all they need to do is announce some winter/early 2008 tour dates and I'm sure to go into cardiac arrest.

Up on the Ladder is on the bonus disc.
Jigsaw = Open Pick
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

brockly

Quote from: bigideas on October 01, 2007, 11:21:06 AM
I wonder if "Up On The Ladder" was renamed and is being included on the album ("Reckoner"?  "Jigsaw Falling Into Place"?), given the photo that was posted on Dead Air Space recently.  Probably not.  As long as "Videotape" is on there I'm happy.  And after all these years, "Nude" finally made the cut!

Now all they need to do is announce some winter/early 2008 tour dates and I'm sure to go into cardiac arrest.

Up on the Ladder is on the bonus disc.
Jigsaw = Open Pick

where did you get this info? do you know what else is going to be on the bonus?

modage

how many of you are getting the $82 version and how many of you are getting the FREE one?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

Quote from: brocklywhere did you get this info? do you know what else is going to be on the bonus?

nevermind

DISKBOX

CD 1 AND VINYL
15 STEP
BODYSNATCHERS
NUDE
WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
ALL I NEED
FAUST ARP
RECKONER
HOUSE OF CARDS
JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE
VIDEOTAPE

CD 2 AND VINYL
MK 1
DOWN IS THE NEW UP
GO SLOWLY
MK 2
LAST FLOWERS
UP ON THE LADDER
BANGERS AND MASH
4 MINUTE WARNING

grand theft sparrow

I'll be interested to hear Last Flowers.  A friend of mine downloaded what he thought was the song years ago but it turned out to be an Ennio Morricone cue from Once Upon a Time in the West.

Quote from: modage on October 01, 2007, 11:28:58 AM
how many of you are getting the $82 version and how many of you are getting the FREE one?

I am.