Underworld

Started by MacGuffin, July 24, 2003, 12:08:49 AM

STARBUCKsChild

I saw the preview at the American Wedding movie and I thought it had potential.  My heart sank slightly when I heard the love part and it was what gave this movie its slightly cliche feel.   I don't know, i guess i shouldn't judge.  
This movie reminded me so strongly of something but i couldn't put my finger on it when i was watching the preview.  Now i realized it was the Anita Blake novels.  Which dealt with vampires and werewolves living in the same world and having a badass heroine.
"There is a paradox when we look at pictures. We see the beauty and we see the dark side of things. Beauty tinged with sadness.
How is it that we must hold what we love tight to us, against our very bones, knowing we must also, when the time comes, let it go....?"

-Sally Mann

Raikus

I just hope it's more than the Romeo and Juliet set in the gothic horror world that it makes itself out to be.

I hope, but I don't count on it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Find Your Magali

Man, I never realized that Don DeLillo had written a horror novel. I should have read that book years ago!

Pedro

Quote from: Find Your MagaliMan, I never realized that Don DeLillo had written a horror novel. I should have read that book years ago!
:lol:

SHAFTR

It is a top notch trailer.  Since the director/screenwriter are all unknowns, I don't know what I should have for expectations.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

HIYA!!

UNderworld actually reminds me of a artits character named Fang!Mike Campeau actually..I seen that trailer and thought it was his character.Almost the same story too.Great character.FANG

Banky

has anyone noticed that one shot that is in a lot of the trailers and tv spots where KB leaps in slowmo and lightly lands on the water.  maybe im missing something but that is one of the least visually stimulating shots of the previews but they act like its the "money shot"

?

Sleuth

Quote from: Bankyhas anyone noticed that one shot that is in a lot of the trailers and tv spots where KB leaps in slowmo and lightly lands on the water.  maybe im missing something but that is one of the least visually stimulating shots of the previews but they act like its the "money shot"

?

I think it's to show that she isn't human

but I also think it's badass the way she lands and sort of bounces back into step
I like to hug dogs

Banky

i guess ill have to take a second look.  I like the shot of her junping off the building and landing on her feet.  That is pretty bad ass.

edison

I like the shot of her shooting the floor around her and falling through.

Banky

yeah, although i feel like ive seen that somewhere before.

Pwaybloe

I like the shot where she strips off all of her clothes and goes at it with one of the werewolves.  

...I guess you guys missed that one.

MacGuffin

Screen Gems Makes Underworld Sequel Deal
Source: Variety

Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper tells Variety a sequel to Underworld, which depicts a centuries-old battle between vampires and werewolves, is already in the works.

"After the way it screened in Toronto, we made the deal," Culpepper said. "They loved it."

We assume a deal was made with director Len Wiseman and the lead stars as well.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffinScreen Gems Makes Underworld Sequel Deal
Source: Variety

Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper tells Variety a sequel to Underworld, which depicts a centuries-old battle between vampires and werewolves, is already in the works.

"After the way it screened in Toronto, we made the deal," Culpepper said. "They loved it."

We assume a deal was made with director Len Wiseman and the lead stars as well.

thats funny because critics have been ripping this movie apart calling it her and her husbans(the director) Gili

SHAFTR

I just came from seeing this movie.  The trailer is cooler than the film.  There are a few bad performances in the film (actor who played Kraven), during the climax of the movie there was just a silly special effect added which really didn't work. The filtered look (blues and greys) looks great in the trailer but doesn't work for an entire film.

I was entertained, but I have no urge to ever see it again.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"