The 2006 Xixax Awards: CAMPAIGN!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 22, 2006, 12:43:06 PM

ono

Haha, for once JB and I agree on something.

Palindromes was the best film of 2005, though that wasn't saying much considering how weak 2005 was.  Weakest year in a very long time.  But that's neither here nor there.

I'd like to remind everyone of The Squid and the Whale, Me and You and Everyone We Know, and in the documentary category, Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill.  All performances in the former two were excellent as well.

And in the category of DVD release... Naked by Mike Leigh.

godardian

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 30, 2006, 05:43:53 PM

:yabbse-thumbup:!!!!!

Palindromes does deserve nods, too.... I won't give away where/what my voting preference was for it, but it doesn't HAVE to be in best picture; it had other elements going for it.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

JG

Remember Downfall for best film and best actor 

bonanzataz

i liked last days' cinematography. it was neat.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

godardian

Quote from: bonanzataz on March 30, 2006, 07:14:41 PM
i liked last days' cinematography. it was neat.

I think it was neat, too.

Also, nobody forget that Saraband had its US release in 2005, which means it's eligible for a BEST PICTURE nomination among all the other categories, including BEST PICTURE.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 30, 2006, 05:43:53 PM

NOOOOOOOO!!!  I sent in my ballot already and I forgot to include the best film I saw in all of 2005!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 31, 2006, 07:41:21 AM
NOOOOOOOO!!!  I sent in my ballot already and I forgot to include the best film I saw in all of 2005!

Just send a correction today.

Ravi

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on March 31, 2006, 12:50:32 PM
Quote from: hacksparrow on March 31, 2006, 07:41:21 AM

Just send a correction today.

All this time, I was thinking that we couldn't make changes after we sent it in, as opposed to the deadline.

©brad

correct away. just make it snappy.