The 2006 Xixax DEKAPENTICON

Started by modage, January 23, 2006, 10:25:46 AM

GoneSavage

Quote from: SHAFTR on January 23, 2006, 09:19:11 PM
Quote from: GoneSavage on January 23, 2006, 08:14:54 PM
It's a fine list.  Sure it's weird to have Eternal Sunshine on there but I guess something had to represent the current decade. 

Mulholland Dr was 2001.
My bad.  Why was I thinking '99? 

Also, it's cool this place holds Eyes Wide Shut in such high regard.  Almost everyone I talk to hates it with a passion.  Salut, Xixax!

Pozer

All I wanna say is thanx and OUTSTANDING JOB to all involved. 

Reinhold

i like the list and i dig the graphics... i'd change only one thing.

... use the transmitter rectangle thing from 2001 for the "1"?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

RegularKarate

Quote from: permanent username on January 25, 2006, 05:33:32 PM
... use the transmitter rectangle thing from 2001 for the "1"?

what the...

are you talking about the monolith?  Because that's what IS the 1.

Reinhold

yeah, i am talking about the monolith, and i'm sorry i missed it-- it just looks like a black photoshop rectangle with a soft glow behind it. i saw 2001 for the second time today (library's copy both times, which is kinda scratched up, but mostly in the beginning of the mission to jupiter scenes) and i didn't see anything that looked like that pic. i assumed it wasn't a cap.

furthermore, i fully admit that not using the word "monolith" was a very stupid mistake and makes me look like an idiot. the end.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

killafilm

I dig all of the movies on the list and everything.  But I must admit I'm a bit disappointed.  I just wish that there was more diversity (at least in directors represented) and the inclusion of a little sci-fi film from 1980, among others.

cine

Quote from: Hedwig on January 23, 2006, 11:26:52 PM
Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob on January 23, 2006, 10:57:36 PM
Quote from: jimmygatorthank god there was none of the overrated godard crap.

I'm sorry, but what are you doing here?
uh sure, walrus. you know, he's the ONLY one who thinks godard is overrated  :roll:

Quote from: JimmyGator on January 23, 2006, 08:00:47 PM
the only kubrick choice i'm unsure about is the shining.

yeah, i'm unsure about "The Shining," too... unsure why it's not placed in the TOP FIVE.  :wink:

jesus hedwig, since when did you and jimmygator fall in love?

anyway i thought this was a great deka. any list with annie hall is one beautiful list.  :yabbse-grin:

hedwig

Quote from: Cinephile on January 27, 2006, 02:50:30 PM
Quote from: Hedwig on January 23, 2006, 11:26:52 PM
Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob on January 23, 2006, 10:57:36 PM
Quote from: jimmygatorthank god there was none of the overrated godard crap.

I'm sorry, but what are you doing here?
uh sure, walrus. you know, he's the ONLY one who thinks godard is overrated  :roll:

Quote from: JimmyGator on January 23, 2006, 08:00:47 PM
the only kubrick choice i'm unsure about is the shining.

yeah, i'm unsure about "The Shining," too... unsure why it's not placed in the TOP FIVE.  :wink:

jesus hedwig, since when did you and jimmygator fall in love?

since the night you showed me the time of my life and then chewed me up and spit me out, you filthy cunt.

i miss you.

cine

... jimmy, i guess that was for you.

have fun dancing tonight, you two!

Julius Orange

I would also like to express the opposite of what's happening!

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

Derek237

Not a bad compilation, I voted for...some of the movies up there. Just a miner complaint, I just want to throw this out there: The Shining. What's the deal with that? Such an awful, uninspired, well, just a plain yawn fest. The miniseries with the dude from "Wings" (No, not Thomas Hayden Church) was vastly superior in my humble opinion. It was a lot scarier. Like when the fireplace just turned on by itself. That really scared me. I still have nightmares about that. Oh, and for the record, 217 is a much better room number than 237. Just my feelings on the subject. Oh, and nothing with Stallone on that list. That upset me.

Pozer

Quote from: permanent username on January 25, 2006, 08:18:00 PM
yeah, i am talking about the monolith, and i'm sorry i missed it-- it just looks like a black photoshop rectangle with a soft glow behind it. i saw 2001 for the second time today (library's copy both times, which is kinda scratched up, but mostly in the beginning of the mission to jupiter scenes) and i didn't see anything that looked like that pic. i assumed it wasn't a cap.

furthermore, i fully admit that not using the word "monolith" was a very stupid mistake and makes me look like an idiot. the end.
You really need to find yourself the transmitter rectangle thing from 2001.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Derek237 on January 28, 2006, 12:48:40 PM
Not a bad compilation, I voted for...some of the movies up there. Just a miner complaint, I just want to throw this out there: The Shining. What's the deal with that? Such an awful, uninspired, well, just a plain yawn fest. The miniseries with the dude from "Wings" (No, not Thomas Hayden Church) was vastly superior in my humble opinion. It was a lot scarier.

You know sarcasm doesn't come through very well over the internet - if you weren't being sarcastic then you have a pathetic opinion.

Bethie

You boys did alright.

My one question would be, Apocalypse Now?   :?
who likes movies anyway

Gamblour.

Quote from: Bethie on January 29, 2006, 02:44:39 AM
You boys did alright.

My one question would be, Apocalypse Now?   :?

aka Not the Godfather Parts I or II
WWPTAD?