What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

Anonymous Joe

I was surprised to find this at my local Hollywood Video, they only Criterions they have are Wes Anderson films.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

Quote from: planet_jake on December 16, 2005, 10:15:21 AM
Quote from: eward on December 07, 2005, 05:19:43 PM

Just saw a beautiful new print of In Cold Blood at The Music Box. For my money, it's one of the best American films of the 1960's! I didn't care for Capote at all, so it was nice to see this TRUE classic on the big screen.

i actually quite liked capote and thought in cold blood kinda sucked.  aint that odd?

context, context, context.

Pubrick

It's a Wonderful Life = this year's PDL/Lost In Translation/Adaptation

i don't remember it being mentioned so much ever before.
under the paving stones.

Tictacbk

Quote from: cronopio on December 25, 2005, 01:17:27 AM

family tradition i guess

same here.

Don't know why it hasn't been mentioned much before, gotta watch it every year.

Quote from: Pubrick on December 25, 2005, 08:03:14 AM
It's a Wonderful Life = this year's PDL/Lost In Translation/Adaptation

i don't remember it being mentioned so much ever before.

i know it's modage and bethie's favorite movie .buffalo gals won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight...?
context, context, context.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It was hevaily recommended a lot last year, too.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

mogwai

been a while since i saw this one. it's one of the best movies ever.

Slick Shoes

highly recommended. one of the best 'so bad it's good' movies i have ever seen. ever.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

so i can finally watch Serenity.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Anonymous Joe

Another rare Hollywood Video find.

Sunrise

Got this for Christmas and am just getting around to viewing it. Saw it several years ago but not the Criterion release.