FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! (dvds that don't come back)

Started by Banky, August 22, 2003, 09:38:29 PM

Banky

There is nothing more fucking terrible in this world than to go to your DVD collection and be missing a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the worst feeling.  I looked everywhere and cant find it.  Ive gone over and over in my head if i lent it to somone.  DAMMITTT!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else had a similar god awful experience?

IHeartPTA

yea, same feeling, i lost a game boy cartridge, you always want to see it or play it more when you've lost it
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Ravi

No.  I'm a responsible person.

Just kidding.  I never had this problem with DVDs, but I've had the same experience with CDs.  I recently found one I was looking for in May.

Ghostboy

I went to watch Grosse Point Blank a few months ago and it just wasn't there. I don't know where it is. I never lend my DVDs out, except to close friends who I know I will see again soon and can bug incessantly until they return them. I feel incomplete when things disappear without closure.

bonanzataz

one friend took my shallow hal last year and another took my donnie darko. i'll never see them again...

i have caused this pain several times though. i guess i deserve it. i borrowed my friend's copy of election 3 years ago, and he ain't getting it back.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Quote from: bonanzatazone friend took my shallow hal last year and another took my donnie darko. i'll never see them again...

i have caused this pain several times though. i guess i deserve it. i borrowed my friend's copy of election 3 years ago, and he ain't getting it back.

I lent my copy of The 39 Steps to someone and never got it back.  At least it was a cheap VHS tape (albeit with nice cover art) and not the Criterion DVD.

Pas

I lost Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, can't remember who I lent it to. That's just plain dumb.

jonas

I made the mistake of lending my friend Magnolia. When I got it back, a corner of the outer box was pushed in a little.  :evil:

So, I've never let anyone borrow one ever since. I take very good care of my DVDs (and CDs). I don't want a single scratch or damaged box, etc...

Lesson learned... the hard way  :(
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: BankyThere is nothing more fucking terrible in this world than to go to your DVD collection and be missing a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the worst feeling.  I looked everywhere and cant find it.  Ive gone over and over in my head if i lent it to somone.  DAMMITTT!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else had a similar god awful experience?

this thread is pointless but i got to see christinas ass , so thank you and im sorry about your dvd

Banky

***beady***

I'm very very careful with my dvds and videos. But I have recently lost my Queens of the Stone Age album. Which I'm very very upset about. I'm sure one of my friends has got it. I have raked my bedroom with a toothpick. Still no joy.

jokerspath

Quote from: jonasI made the mistake of lending my friend Magnolia. When I got it back, a corner of the outer box was pushed in a little.  :evil:

So, I've never let anyone borrow one ever since. I take very good care of my DVDs (and CDs). I don't want a single scratch or damaged box, etc...

I learned my lesson early after getting box after damaged box back from my retarded friends.  So in 7th grade I bought a 1/2 dozen blank video cases from the local video store for like a quarter apiece.  They no longer deserve to get a box to look at if they're borrowing...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Derek237

I never lose track of my DVDs. I have drawers for different types of DVDs like regular clamshell, snap-cases, box sets, etc. But VHS tapes is completely different story. I tape tons movies off TV and barely ever label them. They're scattered all over the place, too. I can't count how many times I spent hours looking for a movie that I taped just to finally remember that I taped over it months ago...  :?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pas RapportI lost Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, can't remember who I lent it to.

It was me.

Pwaybloe

Nah.  It was me.  

I hope when you say you "lent" it to someone, you mean that I broke in your house, ate your leftover pizza in the fridge, then stole your movie.  If that's true, then sure, I "borrowed" your movie.

BTW, the pizza was just ok.