HBO's Entourage makes me cream my pants...

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, July 19, 2005, 02:15:56 PM

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: RegularKarateMakes sense, Sex and the City sucked too.

Hopefully so do you, or else our first date will disappoint.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: andykThats a great article. I'm very happy about this show. I think its great and the people behind it are really trying to make it good instead of just writing predictable and stupid stories and dialogue.

It sucks that the season is almost over, and HBO takes forever to go from one season to another... especially when people like a show!

Are you sure K? I heard somewhere that this season was going to be 22 episodes. So if this started the same week as Six Feet Under then it's only about half way done. However, I could be wrong.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Kal

No, this one has 14 episodes, and they will do 22 for season 3.

They did almost double the episodes from the first one (had only 8) and as soon as the new season started they got greenlighted for 22 episodes on the 3rd. Problem is that I guess the new season wont start until next summer, which would be bad because the show has a good momentum now and people want more.

killafilm

Anyone else think tonights episode, second to last of the season, is perhaps the best?  Piven tore it up.

Kal

It was excellent. It was one of the first episodes that really shake up the plot completely too, and makes you think what the hell happens next. It's been very predictable so far.

Very good episode, and it sucks that the season ends next week.

Kal

Anybody seen the first episode?

I was good, with lots of Ari which makes it better. However I hate this 24 minute episodes. After a year off it doesnt seem enough... they should have started with 2 or 4 episodes like 24 does to get you excited about where the storyline for this season is going...

grand theft sparrow

I'm just glad they started the season off with the Aquaman premiere as opposed to making the whole season the ramp-up to the premiere.

Turtle's mom had the best line though.  "Who is that animal?"

Kal

The season hasnt been that great, until now... this past episode was excellent... it had everything.

Anybody following this?

modage

yeah, i'm watching it.  but i dont like myself for it.  :oops:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

In a rare instance of completely disagreeing with RK, I really like this show. However, I've only seen the three most recent episodes.

Neil

I really am liking the new season, I loved the last two, and i think they're doing a good job at getting ready for a nice shocking episode...just since everything is so feel good right now, so I'm interested to see how bad things will get...i also love the references they make, did anyone catch the Kevin smith reference? Hilarious
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Kal

you mean that studio is trying to sink the AQUAMAN sequel because is going to be written by Kevin Smith and directed by Michael Bay?  :bravo:

MacGuffin

Cameron, Haggis guest star on 'Entourage'

Oscar winners James Cameron and Paul Haggis had definite ideas about how they wanted to play themselves on "Entourage."

In the HBO series about behind-the-scenes Hollywood, Cameron directed a fictional big-budget titled "Aquaman," starring upcoming actor Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier).

"Mr. Cameron didn't want `Aquaman' to bomb, which, fortunately, we figured out a way to make sure that didn't happen," executive producer Doug Ellin said at the Television Critics Association's summer meeting this week.

The crew showered Haggis, who wrote the screenplay for "Crash" and "Million Dollar Baby," with compliments.

"Paul Haggis was just great. He was open to everything, and he was very, very, very cool," Ellin said.

"Good actor as well," said Kevin Dillon, who plays Johnny Drama.

"They seemed happy to not be directing, happy acting," added Kevin Connolly, who plays Chase's manager, Eric.

The show never addresses whether the fake "Aquaman" was a critical success, a decision Cameron also influenced.

"Two things I'll say about it is he didn't insist, but he asked nicely and he's got a strong presence, so we decided to go with that," Ellin said. "I don't think he's made a bad movie. So we like to think this was a very good movie."

Now in its third season, the show's success has changed the lives of its little-known cast.

"I just bought a house that I can't afford," Connolly said. "We're still in the early stages of it, so hopefully it continues for a few more years."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Tonights episode was great... for all the fans Drama is getting some fucking action!

diggler

"f%*k commerce!"

definitely my favorite episode of the season so far. 
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty