Peep Show

Started by Bruce Lee, March 28, 2005, 10:28:33 AM

Bruce Lee

is fuckin hillarious. Because its so true to life in most of its themes, consequences and situations.

''Its about the private life of Mark and Jeremy, 'two ordinary weirdos'.
Wannabe popstar Jeremy is a lazy man with big ideas, mostly about himself. His old friend and flatmate is the astonishingly tragic Mark, an obsessive loser with a no-pain, no-gain view of the world.

In an inventive twist, Jeremy and Mark's inner thoughts can be heard - whether they be dark, stupid or embarrassingly over-blown. Or sometimes all three...

Full of cringe-making embarrassment and excruciating faux pas, much of the show's humour is best described as 'close to the bone'. But if you like jokes about onanism, sex, death, and misshapen genitalia - this could be right up your alley...''

if your not an american and you can get hold of the dvd (or even if you are) i strongly advise you to get your priorities in gear and get this fudgin dvd.

Redlum

Great show. It has the same freshness and bizarre truth to it that Spaced had.

To those who havent seen it, its not as gimmicky as it sounds. The unspoken thoughts of the characters whilst in first person isnt jarring at all, because most of the time you've had those thoughts in those situations, and it becomes instantly relatable.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I've only seen a few episodes, the comedy is sometimes is so bizarre, but trapped in reality that it seems normal.  For instance, when he was writing the note to the girl in his office that he liked and he drew the stick figures sharing a heart.  Then he realized it was corny and he wanted to be edgy so he drew a swastika on the heart. 
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

picolas

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/Peep_Show.html

everyone should watch this. it's truly great. Jonathan Demme would love it. i really want to buy it but apparently the complete set is defective at the moment.

gob

It's pure quality. So painful and so funny. Endlessly quotable as well. I second the motion for this to run as long as possible.

Ravi

I've merged picolas' Peep Show thread with the original one.

polkablues

Quote from: Garam on February 03, 2007, 07:09:00 AM
Yes, it's fantastic, best British sitcom of the decade so far, and not a weak episode yet.

"He likes it!"
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

modage

I LOVE THIS SHOW.

basically no synopsis really does it justice or can make you interested in watching it, but watch it anyway.  only Series 1 is available on US DVD, so just download the torrents.  it took me pretty much all of Series 1 to really warm to the show but after that it was just great all the way through.  there are SO MANY quotable lines that it's hard to keep up with them. 

to me, it feels closest to Curb Your Enthusiasm/The Office/Spaced. 

i love those shows (and actually prefer this to Curb Your Enthusiasm).  i also love this show.  everyone, please watch this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Somewhere in England, Garam is throwing out his DVDs of the show but isn't sure why.

modage

series 5 just started.  still great.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

This is the best comedy on TV.

http://www.hulu.com/peep-show

Now you have no excuse!

Merry Christmas.

matt35mm

YES!  I didn't know it was on Hulu!

modage

I see polka has adopted a Peep Show quote for his signature.  Who else will take the PEEP SHOW PLEDGE OF 2010.

"I pledge to watch at least 6 episodes of this show in 2010 because it is the best and also because it is now available on Hulu for free."

Who's with me?

polkablues

I've watched the first four seasons in the past week, and I'm starting on season five today, so I guess I qualify.
My house, my rules, my coffee