South Park Appreciation

Started by SoNowThen, July 03, 2003, 09:21:08 AM

godardian

I'd have to say that the metrosexuals episode is maybe my very most favorite South Park episode... ever.

Seriously.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

bonanzataz

metrosexuals was really funny. when they go into the queer eye theme song to give kyle the crab makeover i lost it.

however, the old people episode wasn't really good. i chuckled, a little, but really...it seems like they weren't even trying.

they did have a character named paul tom, and there was an episode where frogs fell from the sky. i have a feeling trey and matt are pta nerds.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

freakerdude

a few more great episodes not mentioned:

Meccha Streisand
Tom's Rhinoplasty
Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls
Sexual Harassment Panda
Chinpoko Mon
NAMBLA
Red Hot Catholic Love
Free Hat
The Biggest Douche in the Universe

and of course Succubus and anything with Chef's parents
MC Pee Pants

phil marlowe

Quote from: freakerdudeRed Hot Catholic Love
that episode was so great.

priest: "does this mean we wont be able to have sex with our little boys anymore?"

another priest "father, having sex with boys is part of the catholic priest way of life."

SoNowThen

hehehehehehe....

yeah, that is for sure one of my favorites.

Bebe's Boobs is probably the best tho, followed by South Park In Aspen.

"ah-tah..."
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

phil marlowe

Quote from: SoNowThenhehehehehehe....

yeah, that is for sure one of my favorites.

Bebe's Boobs is probably the best tho, followed by South Park In Aspen.

"ah-tah..."
now that i think off i ti, i'm allmost sertain i misquoted the episode.having sex should be making love. that's even better.

the bebes boobs episode was funny, alot of references.

nix

"Crab people, crab people... Tase like crabs, talk like people."
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

SoNowThen

"...suck it out of a hose?"

"oh yeah, right out of a hose"
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ono

So who's been digging the new season so far?  The last episodes last year were really lame, but these first two have been pretty good so far.  I really liked the premiere, with the whole anime motif, and the second one was good with the whole Special Olympics/steroids fiasco.  Butters is just Matt's and Trey's bitch.

Bethie

Southpark is great. At least once during each episode I say, "How do they get away with this?"

That Scott Tenorman Must Die episode. Wow.

Yeah, and I love the underwear knomes one too.  :-D

haha, that chinese guy "Damn Mongolians knock down shitty wall!"

A quote from southpark that I use entirely too much is, "Whatever, It's my body, I can do what I want!" -Cartman
who likes movies anyway

puddnanners

i think that the run from "South Park is Gay" to "Christmas in Canada" that aired back in November and December was the worst run that they have ever had.  Aside from the La Casa Grande episode, which was one of their completely off the wall and non satirical episodes, each show picked on a really easy topic, and the jokes were forced like never before...it just seemed like Matt and Trey weren't really having any fun with the show.  But the main thing that that run had going against it was that the previous run (with the J-Lo ep, the Santa and Jesus go to Iraq ep, the Lemmywinks ep, the Earth is a Reality Show ep, etc.) was by far the best run ever.  This year so far, the anime episode was very good, and the special olympics episode was pretty average (except for the whole scene where Jimmy beats his girlfriend and his mom and then lays in the hallway crying...that was fucking incredible).  I am really looking forward to the Passion of the Christ episode, because I think that they have an oppertunity to really do something special, but they could fuck it up too, we will just have to see.  I love South Park to death, but I think that the show finally hit its peak, and a steady decline seems eminent.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: freakerdudeSexual Harassment Panda

Just saying that is great. "Sexual Harassment... Panda"

Also, of course, "tree fity" is one for the books.

"I need 'bout tree fity"
"Tree fity"
"That damn Lock Ne' Monsta..."  :lol:
Si

SoNowThen

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum
Quote from: freakerdudeSexual Harassment Panda

Just saying that is great. "Sexual Harassment... Panda"

Also, of course, "tree fity" is one for the books.

"I need 'bout tree fity"
"Tree fity"
"That damn Lock Ne' Monsta..."  :lol:

Hahaha, everyone I know thinks that shouldn't be funny, especially after it's repeated for the 5th time, and yet when pressed, all must admit it actually gets funnier!

I think it's tied with "soooo small" (Japanese guy), for best repeated South Park line.

matt35mm

It's interesting that the Sexual Harrassment Panda ep is thought of as a bad one.  I listened to the commentary-mini included on the Season 3 DVD, and it's just fun to listen to them talk about how tired they were and defending why it might be a sucky episode.  Then about 4 minutes into it, they say, "You know what, this episode is really good."  It's pretty funny.

I LOVE the episode, myself.  I repeated "Sexual Harrassment... Panda" several times... like most people who saw that episode.

TOO funny.

The Cat Orgy is actually part of a sort of experiment they were doing.  I didn't know that until I saw the DVD.  They stay with Cartman, then the next episode followed only Stan, then the next followed only Kyle.  They all were a different point of view on the same night.  It was actually pretty interesting, but only when viewed all together.

Another great episode was the "Starvin' Marvin in Space" episode.  "Marclar?  Marclar."

ono

That actually makes the DVDs somewhat worth looking into.  Still, thought, Season 3 did suck, but now I can see why it did, and it's good to see they were actually experimenting in a Rashomon-esque way.  Not to sully Kurosawa's name or anything.

And I thought the Sexual Harassment Panda episode was good.