Hero

Started by Jack Sparrow, March 29, 2003, 12:21:56 PM

subversiveproductions

ok, just saw this tonight, and i have to ask, was it just me, or did this just come off as a gigantic cinematic blowjob for communist dictatorship?  Either that or the most brilliant satire ever.  In the end, it seemed all about giving power to the king to better serve the people in the end, except there's almost no mention of "the people" and we never see "the people".  There are maybe 15 credited roles in the film.  Other than the five or six central characters, we see the (less than) elite guard unit and a bunch of faceless calligraphers and palace guardsmen.  Someone with more knowledge of the Chinese political climate have something to say about this?
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

pete

"communist dictatorship"?  well, which country in the world right now is actively invading other countries and "Bringing peace" through violence?  which communist country?
jeremy, back me up here.[/i]
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

Dude, I don't think even Jeremy could figure that out, give us a hint
I like to hug dogs

subversiveproductions

Well, they did just consolidate the military under Hu Jintao.  I'm not saying that it's a description of communist China, just an advocation of the granting of power to an authoritarian dictator.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear