Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

Started by El Duderino, July 08, 2004, 12:40:25 AM

El Duderino

Release Date
TBA December/January 2004/2005

Director
Beeban Kidron

Screenwriters
Richard Curtis (Love Actually, Bridget Jones's Diary)
Andrew Davies (Bridget Jones's Diary)
Helen Fielding (Bridget Jones's Diary)

Cast
Renee Zellweger (Bridget Jones)
Colin Firth (Mark Darcy)
Hugh Grant (Daniel Cleaver)
Jacinda Barrett (Rebecca)
Jim Broadbent (Colin Jones
James Callis (Tom)
Shirley Henderson (Jude)

Synopsis
Adapted from Fielding's own follow-up to her first Bridget Jones book. In it, Bridget (Renee Zellweger) discovers that life with Mark Darcy (Colin Firth) isn't quite as perfect as she dreamed.

Teaser Trailer Here
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

NEON MERCURY

:roll: .......just seeing her face is enough to make me wanna drop my lil nuts in a 8oz. bowl of acid

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURY:roll: .......just seeing her face is enough to make me wanna drop my lil nuts in a 8oz. bowl of acid

That would certainly solve your problem about one testis being smaller than the other.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: NEON MERCURY:roll: .......just seeing her face is enough to make me wanna drop my lil nuts in a 8oz. bowl of acid

That would certainly solve your problem about one testis being smaller than the other.

hahahahaha!!!!

......you are right

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Yeah, but I think she got exceptionally "fatter" than the last movie.

Finn

fatter = more by the ounce :wink:

This poster makes her look like she's about to blow somebody...
http://www.impawards.com/2004/bridget_jones_the_edge_of_reason.html
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

matt35mm

That poster really sucks.  It suggests an over-the-top style that the trailers also suggest--which doesn't match with the first Bridget Jones movie, as the comedy wasn't SO broad, allowing ReneĆ© to give a great performance (I was happy that she was nominated for it).  So far, nothing in the advertising shows that she'll actually be able to give much of a performance in the new movie--it seems like it'll simply be a re-tread of the old jokes minus the substance that really made the original (book AND movie) stick.

I'm a fan of the first movie, but I just have a bad feeling about this one.  If it had been the same director, I'd probably be more comfortable.

Gloria

Lots and lots of pictures here, if anyone is interested.

MacGuffin

"Bridget" Jonesing for Early Release

Bridget Jones will be searching for her sanity sooner than expected.

Universal Pictures is moving up the release of Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason one week, to Nov. 12, the studio announced Monday.

The Nov. 12 debut, in about 500 theaters, will pit the film against the campy horror antics of Seed of Chucky, the heist antics of After the Sunset, and the Christmas classic dreams of The Polar Express, which checks in two days earlier on Nov. 10.

Finding Neverland, starring Johnny Depp as Peter Pan author J.M. Barrie, and Kinsey, starring Liam Neeson as sex surveyor Alfred Kinsey, also open on Nov. 12, but both in limited release.

The Edge of Reason will go nationwide on about 2,500 screens on Nov. 19, its original release date.

Brandon Gray of the movie site BoxOfficeMojo.com called the rescheduling move bold, noting that films usually get held back, not pushed up, in last-minute shuffles.

"They must have good reason in terms of tracking," Gray said Monday. "The movie must have strong awareness as it is."

Strong awareness, indeed. Universal said good buzz from press screenings and sneak previews was behind the new release date.

"This will give us a jump start on the holiday business," Nikki Rocco, Universal Pictures president of distribution, said in a statement.

The Edge of Reason is the sequel to the 2001 romantic-comedy hit, plain, old Bridget Jones's Diary (no colon, no subtitle). That film grossed $71.5 million.

Then as now, Renee Zellwegger stars as a zaftig (by Hollywood standards), journal-keeping journalist. Colin Firth returns as her stodgy love interest Mark Darcy. Hugh Grant pops in to reprise Darcy's devilish rival, Daniel Cleaver.

For both films, Zellwegger acquired a British accent and about 30 extra pounds to play author Helen Fielding's chick-lit heroine.

According to Gray, Edge of Reason should have a lock on the adult, female audience until at least Dec. 10, when babe magnets George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon turn up in Ocean's Twelve.

Edge of Reason is the latest fall movie to experience a change in plans. Oliver Stone's epic Alexander was pushed back from Nov. 5 to Nov. 24. Jude Law's Alfie remake was moved from Oct. 22 to Nov. 5.

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

a quick word of warning to anyone else who happens to be female or in quick need of a 'date' movie of some kind.  UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU SEE THIS FILM!  utterly AWFUL.  it was my girlfriends birthday, we both liked the first one.  this is the worst kind of sequel.  so bad i felt sorry for all the actors i liked for being in the film.  really really painful.  

SPOILERS
she ends up in a thai prison.  that is all.

END SPOILERS

best parts were cameos from jessica stevenson from spaced and 'neil' from the office who i always thought was like a tv hugh grant, sharing a scene with the real hugh grant.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gloria

Quote from: themodernage02UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU SEE THIS FILM!  utterly AWFUL.

I really, really wished I would have taken your warning.  It was pretty awful.  The actors were trying so hard, but everything just fell apart and it didn't have any of the charm or creativity of the original.  It was unrealistic and forced.  I missed Bridget's parents...I wish they would have had a bigger part (along with Bridget's friends).   I was overly frustrated and kept waiting for it to get better, but it didn't.  It really turned Bridget's charming, quirky personality into a slapstick, 'make fun of her' approach, which repulsed me.  She had so much heart and drive in the first movie...this movie makes her out to be dependant and horribly inept at everything.

Anyways...just to state it again in case anyone missed it...

Quote from: themodernage02UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU SEE THIS FILM!  utterly AWFUL.

modage

yeah i tried to warn you.  atleast we suffered so no one else has to.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

metroshane

If the speaker phone joke in the previews didn't put you off...then it's your own fault.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.