$3.88

Started by Keener, July 08, 2003, 08:42:45 PM

Keener

I just bought Magnolia (VHS...ugh) for $3.88 at Wal*Mart. Quite surprised to see this mixed up in the pile but at least I have something to tide me over till I can find the DVD (I don't like buying movies online).
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

ono

Quote from: KeenerI just bought Magnolia (VHS...ugh) for $3.88 at Wal*Mart.
Congratulations.  :)

Quote(I don't like buying movies online).
Why not?  I've bought DVDs online from Amazon.com a lot and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Keener

I bought The House of Yes (talk about a hard to find DVD) and the side of the cover had a long dent in it. Being semi-perfectionesque about my collection that doesn't sit extremely well with me. I also bought Pumpkin which a slight but similar problem. I just can't dig that.
Alabama Film Forum

ono

Keener

Alabama Film Forum

ono

Fair enough.  Didn't feel like complaining to them?  Usually the packaging they ship my stuff in is quite good.

Keener

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaDidn't feel like complaining to them?

Not for something that small. I just won't do business with them again until I fall in love with a movie so hard to find I have to.
Alabama Film Forum

Pozer

which should be magnolia

Ravi

Quote from: KeenerI just bought Magnolia (VHS...ugh) for $3.88 at Wal*Mart. Quite surprised to see this mixed up in the pile but at least I have something to tide me over till I can find the DVD (I don't like buying movies online).

Pan and scan, yuck! Like, gag me with a spoon!

I bought Magnolia today on DVD.  I don't know why I didn't buy it sooner.

modage

yeah i was at walmart and picked up election and in the mouth of madness for 3.88.  sweet.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

It's always funny to see, sometimes, how the best movies are so cheap, and these really crappy ones run upwards of $25.  Like, I got When Harry Met Sally... from Best Buy for $9.99.  One of the best romantic comedies ever.  Good stuff.

Keener

Quote from: poserwhich should be magnolia

I have a lot of movies on my list to buy and unfortunately Magnolia isn't at the very top of the list. Not that I don't like it or anything but Miller's Crossing, Platoon, Forrest Gump among others are just more important at the moment. I'll get around to Magnolia one day but for now that crappy VHS will hold me over.

Quote from: RaviPan and scan, yuck! Like, gag me with a spoon!

Yeah, I know but when you're tight on money, a cheap VHS can hold you over. I say pan and scan Magnolia is better than no Magnolia at all. Not by much but still.

Quote from: themodernage02yeah i was at walmart and picked up election and in the mouth of madness for 3.88.  sweet.

I picked up In the Mouth of Madness as well. Saw Election but I haven't seen it. I'll rent it sometime to see if it's worth a whole four dollars.

I also got Sex, Lies and Videotape on DVD for $5.88. Haven't seen it but a highly trusted coworker at Hollywood Video reccomended. He credited it as being his favorite movie, Magnolia being the second.
Alabama Film Forum

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: KeenerI just bought Magnolia (VHS...ugh) for $3.88 at Wal*Mart.
Congratulations.  :)

Quote(I don't like buying movies online).
Why not?  I've bought DVDs online from Amazon.com a lot and I haven't been disappointed yet.

you love birds are dominating this thread

ono

Quote from: Duck Sauceyou love birds are dominating this thread
Your point?

This thread kind of reminds me of that episode of South Park with the succubus and the loch ness monster that's always asking for "three-fitty."

And, Sex, Lies, and Videotape is great.  See my thread in the Soderbergh forum.

Keener

Quote from: Duck Sauceyou love birds are dominating this thread

We Critic fans share a common bond.

I'm...not...gay.
Alabama Film Forum